NES/N64 portable, actually getting somewhere now!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:12 pm

G-force:

I was working on a SNES today, and I wired up a controller for it. And believe it or not, I had the same problem! the SNES worked After I Unplugged the controller.

And I was confused! were the pinouts I created wrong!? But alas, after checking them 4 times, they were not!

Confusing, eh? Well listen to this. I unplug the +5V line off of the controller, and the dang thing turns back on! I hate it! So I have 2 Ideas.
#1 The controller could be dead or Fried
#2 some unexplained problem Within the controller or the controllers ability to function.

SO My advice. Try another controller! I would, except I need to find one first :P
Making XNA Games in C#.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:10 pm

this always happens to me :P i think my snesp attempts are cursed because on both of my snesps so far one of the controllors always goes completely haywire :? and it isnt the wiring its just the IC i guess. but my prob is fixed with a new controllor yours seems to be the mobo :? maybe its the controllor have you tried another opne yet?
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:29 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:this always happens to me :P i think my snesp attempts are cursed because on both of my snesps so far one of the controllors always goes completely haywire :? and it isnt the wiring its just the IC i guess. but my prob is fixed with a new controllor yours seems to be the mobo :? maybe its the controllor have you tried another opne yet?
nope, I plan on finding one tomorrow. :P
Making XNA Games in C#.

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:12 pm

Nah it wasn't the controller, I tried it without one plugged in, and a different controller, it still made no difference. Thanks for the idea though. I'm afraid it's just dead.

Got the second N64 wired. Works great! And I'm bein VERY careful to touch ground on something connected to the wall before I go near the N64. No ESD for me. Now to finish the NOAC wiring.