Mass-produced GC-style N64 joystick replacements - $10.95

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame
Mass-produced GC-style N64 joystick replacements - $10.95

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Hey guys, I'm back from the dead just for a minute because I stumbled upon something I thought you guys would appreciate. If you all already know about this, I apologize, but I searched first and didn't see any mention about it.

http://www.amazon.com/Redesigned-REPLAC ... B009MRZAUC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's apparently a thing that exists now. Since when? I don't know, but who cares? No more hacking required to have non-suck N64 joysticks. W00t. I know we're all about hacking here, but why re-invent the wheel when you can just buy it for $10.95, right? :P

Okay, I'm gonna crawl back under my rock for another few years now. :lol:

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Re: Mass-produced GC-style N64 joystick replacements - $10.95

Post by eagle5953 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:55 pm

Hey, man, it has been a while!

Good price on these. Probably will grab a few. I've tried controllers with similar replacements, and it makes a world of difference.

metrolf
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:rasmooos

Re: Mass-produced GC-style N64 joystick replacements - $10.95

Post by metrolf » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:16 am

I've seen these around and they're apparently not too good. They don't emulate the "steps" of the original joystick correctly, giving you a much larger range than the N64 controller is used to. A guy called Micro over at the nfggames forums solved this problem however, by redesigning the circuit board and adding a smoother conversion-code to the chip. Here's a link: http://nfggames.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5023.0

The link to amazon you posted did say that it was redesigned though, but I still think it's the same one with same problem.
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
thewise1 wrote:Super long, but incredibly epic.
YESSSSSS!!!
Oh my gosh! What have I done?