The WowItActuallyWorked64 (previously N64Boy Advance.0)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Wowitactuallyworked
Re: The WowItActuallyWorked64 (previously N64Boy Advance.0)

Post by Wowitactuallyworked » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Well I re-did it. The results are:
Up: doesn't work
Down: moves character up and to the right, slowly
Left: sprints right, but when pressed hard, character stops
Right: kinda wags out.
Sometimes the character will just not stop sprinting in a right circle
So what should I do?
from left to right on the board pins go 4,3,2, and 1
on the joystick you can see pin one and the two pins above that are bridged and number 2
on the top, far right you can see 3 and the two to the left of that are bridged and number 4

Blargaman91

Post by Blargaman91 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:31 am

Well, while I don't ike to suggest re-doing anything, I think new, better wire is in order. I've used the same stuff it looks like you're using and I've had much trouble getting any clean soldering done. It can be difficult to even tin. I think it would help to take every wire associated with the problem off, clean the area, and re-wire it all in a way where you can see everything you're doing. And, really, I think that's all you should worry about because it's highly unlikely (if even really possible) that the joystick would malfunction yet still cause somewhat appropriate signals to be sent to the N64. Good luck with everything you're doing here. Looks like you've been persistent. Never give up!

Wowitactuallyworked

Post by Wowitactuallyworked » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:20 am

Thank you! I really really appreciate it

Wowitactuallyworked

Post by Wowitactuallyworked » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm re-doing the controller: I got a new one, and long story short, I chopped some wires hastily and I forgot what's what.
That's the bottom right-hand corner of the motherboard. Which ones are power, data, and ground?