My Nintendo64 Portable

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

djstevo
My Nintendo64 Portable

Post by djstevo » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi all, I've been using the extreme amount of information on this website for a while now and I finally decided to register because you all seem like a bunch of friendly, fun and intelligent people who have the same interests as I do.
I decided to put this in finished projects even though it is also a worklog.

This is my first attempt at portabilizing any console so it is kinda ugly so cut me some slack :P
Here is an image of my trimmed motherboard and the replacement heatsinks from ebay.

Below is a projectbox that I have modified, the screen is 3.5", I've used A, B, C and start buttons from an original n64 controller. I used acrylic nail powder (my wife is a Beauty Therapist) to set the screen in the case as well as around all the buts to get a good looking fit around each.
The L and R buttons are from a Gamecube controller and the "D" pad is from a generic plug and play pc controller because I don't really like the one piece D pads.

I pulled apart a small ipod dock for the sound and used its small speakers and the screen is one of those 3.5" generic screens from ebay.

Here are some more pictures of the finished product, I made this portable a couple of months ago and thought I would share it with you guys as I am planning on starting to make another one soon but this time I'm going to make the case out of fibreglass and actually make a worklog as well.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

It uses USB to charge and there is a small switch to change the L button into Z because not many games use L.

lexxion83

Re: My Nintendo64 Portable

Post by lexxion83 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:39 am

Not bad , not bad. You learn a lot on the first build. The next ones are just going to be better. Great job.

Superduperdrew

Re: My Nintendo64 Portable

Post by Superduperdrew » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Does the screen look good? I heard 3.5" ebay screens aren't the best. Also, what kind of batteries did you use?
If life gives you lemons, sell them on ebay.