The dangly part on the retro duo board

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Klefmung
The dangly part on the retro duo board

Post by Klefmung » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Hey, I was wondering about the protrusion on the corner of the retro duo board around where the power switch is. would it be possible to remove that portion? I mean, I know it should be, I just don't know if it has been done yet. And if there is confirmation on the feasibility of that, I'd rather not take the risk. If anyone has gotten it to work, do they have a guide on the bypasses I'd need to do afterward?
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

evilteddy
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:Kirren of Smeg
Steam ID:kizzinator

Re: The dangly part on the retro duo board

Post by evilteddy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 am

I don't have a retro duo but I'm fairly certain of the purpose of the dangly bit. If you can post some pictures of both sides of the boards I should be able to tell you what to do. What will most likely be the case is that you connect a switch from a couple of traces which are now running to the power switch dongle.

ProgMetalMan

Re: The dangly part on the retro duo board

Post by ProgMetalMan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:17 am

Looking at my dead RD (copulate you Chinese power adapters with opposite polarity and same size as Genesis), the power switch and reset button will have to be relocated which should be fairly easy. However, I also see a diode, capacitor, and resistor. You'd also be cutting close to what i think is a clock crystal.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.