PlaY STATION Playable Outside: The case designs

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Jan
PlaY STATION Playable Outside: The case designs

Post by Jan » Sat May 22, 2004 3:15 pm

Ive worked quite hard on these drawings and Im quite satisfied with the results, I hope u can spare the time to look at my brand new website (made today) and check out my designs. (Note my website is far from finished so dont expect much)

I will make the case out of aluminium (atlest the front plate to add the extra spice on the case). But the rest of it will probably be some plastic box made for anything else but fitting a psone into it. I promiss I will improve the site by adding some news of my progress and other projects... Anyways please be patient and PLEASE tell me what you thing of my case designs.

here's the site: http://www.freewebs.com/vii_nights/websalbum.htm

someone

Post by someone » Sat May 22, 2004 3:23 pm

I will be interested to see if you can squeeze all the guts into that small case.

good luckl! :P

Stooge

Post by Stooge » Sat May 22, 2004 5:08 pm

Love the name! :lol: LOL :lol: (oooh emoti goodness, this new board rocks)
good luck Jan

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat May 22, 2004 6:21 pm

Those look like some pretty cool designs. I have one question though and that is why are the R1,R2, L1, and L2 buttons on the front? Just curious because it would make more sense to me if they were on the back.

Besides that, it looks cool. Good luck on your PSPO!
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat May 22, 2004 7:28 pm

Nice pictures and good luck.

Also, your sites script doesn't work with netscape. Just thought you'd like to know.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat May 22, 2004 10:16 pm

That's why it didn't work for me (mozilla)

Cool slideshow. Hope you can do what the plans show... that would look really cool
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun May 23, 2004 2:26 am

Thanx everyone for the good support!

Yes it will be very hard to squeze in everything into such a small case, Im still working on i...

Now about the L1,L2,R1,R2 buttons, well I thought it would be something new to have them in front, so I went for it!

I'll update you when ive done something new, which will be sooner than later, I promiss.

adios!

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun May 23, 2004 8:12 am

I changed the old pictures taken with a webcam and replaced them with brand new ones taken with a 3,3 mega pixel camera AND I have added a new case design, so check it out!

Click on the pictures to make 'em bigger

http://www.freewebs.com/vii_nights/websalbum.htm

someone

Post by someone » Sun May 23, 2004 9:01 am

Do you work for Microsoft? Making a site that can't load in anything netscape based (netscape, mozilla, firefox,)! Jkjkjk! Good luck on your new designs! How are you going to build the cases?

Jan

Post by Jan » Sun May 23, 2004 10:06 am

Hmm, Ill deal with that problem later....

How I will make the cases you ask!?

Its actually quite simple, The front side will just be made out of plate made out of aluminum that I will polish or sand paper (havent desided yet) to make it look nice. After that I will put on another plate on the aluminium plate that will have a nice goldish colour or maybe I'll just use copper. After all that I will cut out holes for the controls and screen and its done. What I will do after? I havent decided yet but I'll probably find a plastic box somewhere that is big enough for the psone and 5 inch screen to fit in and it will be done. This means that only the front will look fancy, but I can live with that! :D