Thinkin

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

N Rage64
Thinkin

Post by N Rage64 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:30 pm

im thinkin about makin a portable ps1 at blockbuster there selling a ps1 for 17 bucks and i saw the screen there to how easy is it to make one and do u have any tips

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:37 pm

Well if you make it like atka fighter then it's easy... but I dunno about the other ways.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 5:57 pm

hey can ya buy me 1 and i will pay! if u do i'll tell u how to build one ez! :D do they have more than 1?

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:03 pm

if u do i'll tell u how to build one ez!
Or he can:
1) Check other posts
2) Buy Ben's book *RECOMMENDED*
3) Check out my website
You could tell him to to make one regurgitating all the information already here. I'm not trying to rip on you, but anyone can tell someone how to build something, but being able to help them is something that only comes with experience. So today's lesson is... build first, build credibility, and then help others with the knowledge you have gained.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:26 pm

i was just kiddin...go to my thread..im ready to make a ps1p! u can find a lot of info there!
:D Does n e 1 think i should make a quide to making a ps1p........like bens? Only this will be like visual..bcause im a more visual person...n e 1 interested? :?:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:08 pm

harsh, not to be rude but could you PLEASEqut using aimsp33k! its annoying
harshboy wrote:i was just kiddin...go to my thread..im ready to make a ps1p! u can find a lot of info there!
Very Happy Does n e 1 think i should make a quide to making a ps1p........like bens? Only this will be like visual..bcause im a more visual person...n e 1 interested? Question

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:13 pm

The rules wrote:5. $R3\/\/ 1337. (screw leet) If you are going to post, use real words... even things like "plz help" can get annoying.
Please try to remember that this is NOT AIM, using AIMspeak just makes you look like a 12-year-old, and people probably won't take you seriously. (if anything you'll get flamed to a crisp.)

M'kay? M'kay. :)

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 pm

I'm not trying to be a jerk here but there are several things that are bothing me about this thread.
Well if you make it like atka fighter then it's easy... but I dunno about the other ways.
Well, this actually doesn't bother me as much, because well I guess because I have no disputes with Metroid Fan (Fusion is my favorite by the way). Actually, I would have to agree with you, but with the exception of the case. Ask anyone its pretty hard to get it as smooth as possible, not to mention managing to keep the little details of the controls (directional arrows, lines around the buttons, having the disk not screw up with a mile of wire inside the case, and did anyone notice the little difrences between the original case and the PSP case? Look carefully)But...
Does n e 1 think i should make a quide to making a ps1p
Wouldn't that require you to make one first?
go to my thread..im ready to make a ps1p! u can find a lot of info there!
Oh, do you mean this?
a psone(mini white one)
a psone lcd
controllers
tact switches
a 7.2 volt 2000-1000000000........mAh rc car battery(they only make them up to like 7000 mAh) Very Happy
and 2 chargers compatable with ur rc battery
After you get those parts, plug the lcd onto the psone and let it sit. Now we have to make a battery for the psone to be powered. Take out 1 of ur rc car battery chargers and cut it in half. Take the half that has the connector that goes into the rc battery and get rid of the half that goes into the outlets in ur wall. Now take the psone power cable and cut it between the yellow part that goes into the psone and the big round thing. Get as much cable as you can on this. Now with the two cables you have to connect them. the Red connecter on the rc battery charger cable goes to the inner wire in the psone power cord. The black one goes to the outer wire in th psone power cord. Now make sure everything is hooked up right and plug it into the back of the lcd that is connected to the psone system. Important: MAKE SURE THE WIRES DO NOT TOUCH!!!!!!!!! Shocked If it powers on......good...if not, u did something wrong and might have fried the psone and/or psone screen. but theres only a 1% chance u screwed it up. Now if it powers on....ur like 50% done! Not so hard is it....well that was the easy part! Take a break and eat some ramen noodles Wink Now you have to build your controller inside the psone case...or where-ever...there are many ways to do this so check out other forums. I am not responsable for any damage to ur psone and most likely if u screwed up ur psone u did something wrong or u didnt follow my directions. hope this helps! Very Happy
Wow! This definitely is NOT something rewrote in your own words from someone else's exact process of building a PSP. Sorry to be... well harsh, but people on these boards will admire you for who you are. I understand that you are trying to help, but you don't exactly have much credibility or experience as a portablizer (as far as we know). You don't have to impress anyone here, just build portables and help others along the way. You may know a lot more about electronics than I do (heck, I fly airplanes), but using others' work as your own won't get you very far (especially with nothing to show for it). I just build because I love videogames(I built the PSP as my first portable, because I love a lot of the old PSX games, and because I have wanted to build one since I saw Ben's about 3-4 years ago.), and because I get paid for it (my SNESP and the NESP were both jobs... meaning they are not mine, but I got paid for them). If you are building just for the sake of feeling important, or for recognition I suggest you find someplace else to do it. Well, now that I have got that off my chest I can go back to playing games. So how about it want to start anew? Hopefully, this message will set newcomers in the right direction. Hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings. Well...

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:14 pm

i noticed that too, plagerism, even online, is still kinda a bad thing. but he did have the text in a different color. mebe he meant it as a quote?

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:58 pm

After reading Atkafighter's guide on his website, it seems that it wouldn't be all that hard to build a PSp. I'm sure he would know better than anyone that the way he did it still does present some difficulties, but it seems that it would be simpler than Ben's PSp by a long ways.

As for suggestions on posting guidelines, I'll just say right now that we had a user who talked in a modified AIM speak, and people got frustrated with him. He ended up getting banned. Apparently he also tried to impress people on these forums, and what he received instead of admiration was ridicule, which probably also led to his banning. So please, if you're here to try and impress us that might not be the best use of your time, as many of the people here are what I'd consider experts in electronics and they've seen it all. My suggestion is if you want to build portables, build them first, then offer advice on how best to build them. These forums are meant for helping others much more than they are about showing off your stuff and knowledge. Hope this helps you in future posting, I'm not trying to get you to leave or anything. I just think that the other members and myself would prefer if you typed in normal English, and also build up credibility as far as portablizing goes and then begin helping others out.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:52 pm

i'll stop....i only type that way because it's faster. I too, am doing atkafighter's PS1P design.......and finding ways to improve it....not that anything is wrong with his :D

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:12 pm

bicostp wrote:
The rules wrote:5. $R3\/\/ 1337. (screw leet) If you are going to post, use real words... even things like "plz help" can get annoying.
Please try to remember that this is NOT AIM, using AIMspeak just makes you look like a 12-year-old, and people probably won't take you seriously. (if anything you'll get flamed to a crisp.)

M'kay? M'kay. :)
hey im 12 and i dont even talk like that :lol:

jeffslot
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by jeffslot » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:11 am

N Rage64,

I think that a psone portable can be easiest one to make (using a process designed by atkafighter). I've got detailed instructions on how I made mine at the link below:

http://www.geocities.com/impromptuexpert/PSP/index.htm

Jeff S.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:04 pm

whoa jeffslot a psonep comin up i guess i ope you plan to add controls
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:29 pm

i might also be making a PSoneP with my two friends, and it will be called the PSPP, the Play Station Portable PROJECTOR!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult