Hmmmm

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

smoothmove
Hmmmm

Post by smoothmove » Tue May 18, 2004 7:31 pm

Okay, I have an Idea...I want a SNESp and I was looking at a GBA screen. GBA is a step above SNES in terms of GFX right? So that means the screen of the GBA should be able to handle the res of the SNES! One problem though, I dont wanna depart with my GBA yet! (I bought it the day it came out), So I am going to incorperate the GBA into the SNES.Image

Good Idea No?

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue May 18, 2004 7:41 pm

yeah, a few people have done something like that.
gamelver's portable n64 had a detachable gbasp for the screen. The resolution isn't the best for a n64, but it should be fine for the snes.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Tue May 18, 2004 9:11 pm

You can't use the bare screen, though. you would need to get an adapter first, and that requires an adapter.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed May 19, 2004 1:53 pm

Ok, since your pictures are working now, I have to say that it definitley won't work that way. But if you use the other method by keeping the entire gba intact and just adding a video converter to the gba. In the end though, you're only going to save around $20 by using a gba as the screen rather than buying a ps1 lcd.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed May 19, 2004 3:24 pm

If you're looking to use the GBA as a screen then use this.
It works relatively well and the resolution isn't bad but for RPGs or games with a lot of text, it gets hard to read. So if you don't mind the not so great resolution then using this adapter should work well.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!