Im ready to make a PS1P!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:36 pm

If you are lucky EBgames has them for $50 (screen and LCD combo, not to mention power cord, and controller).

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:40 pm

I think EB games or Gamestop has a used combo. If not, check Target or Wal-Mart, I've seen the combo for about $60. That's not bad for a brand-new console and screen!:)

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:01 pm

yeah thats wut im lookin for, im gonna check for that. Hope they have it or i might kill some1 :twisted: Ok, for 30 bucks i can get the lcd and for 30 bucks i can get the psone.....this a good deal? I think it is. EDIT: I found a better deal at a gamestop 36 miles from where I live, 50 bucks for lcd,psone,controller,and all cables! I'm gonna buy it there! It's the same deal that is back-ordered on their website

bobislandguy

WOW

Post by bobislandguy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:26 pm

Dude, im 13 too, and i was thinking of making a ps1p too. ur plans look almost like mine too. thats awesom
...ummm...

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:46 pm

um yeah its cool, n e way i didnt go out and buy the stuff today....hoping i can go 2morrow. This is a dumb question: can i use a cell phone lcd color screen for my ps1p, i no its small, but just wonderin. Can some1 answer this.

alight1992

advice

Post by alight1992 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:00 pm

can anyone give me advice on building a PS 1p :? i think i may have a hard time

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Oct 15, 2005 7:13 pm

i can help u a little.... first u will have to buy everything. U will need:
a psone(mini white one)
a psone lcd
controllers
tact switches
a 7.2 volt 2000-1000000000........mAh rc car battery(they only make them up to like 7000 mAh) :D
and 2 chargers compatable with ur rc battery

After you get those parts, plug the lcd onto the psone and let it sit. Now we have to make a battery for the psone to be powered. Take out 1 of ur rc car battery chargers and cut it in half. Take the half that has the connector that goes into the rc battery and get rid of the half that goes into the outlets in ur wall. Now take the psone power cable and cut it between the yellow part that goes into the psone and the big round thing. Get as much cable as you can on this. Now with the two cables you have to connect them. the Red connecter on the rc battery charger cable goes to the inner wire in the psone power cord. The black one goes to the outer wire in th psone power cord. Now make sure everything is hooked up right and plug it into the back of the lcd that is connected to the psone system. Important: MAKE SURE THE WIRES DO NOT TOUCH!!!!!!!!! :shock: If it powers on......good...if not, u did something wrong and might have fried the psone and/or psone screen. but theres only a 1% chance u screwed it up. Now if it powers on....ur like 50% done! Not so hard is it....well that was the easy part! Take a break and eat some ramen noodles :wink: Now you have to build your controller inside the psone case...or where-ever...there are many ways to do this so check out other forums. I am not responsable for any damage to ur psone and most likely if u screwed up ur psone u did something wrong or u didnt follow my directions. hope this helps! :D

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:48 pm

shmagoogin77 wrote:u could probley get like $130 or something
but another question to atkafighter and you:
how do you play wiht the analog sticks donw low and the circle triangles square and x up top???
Sorry I didn't catch this question earlier. I wasn't ignoring you. If this were a PS2 this setup would not work, but the PSX was "pioneering" the application of the analog sticks. I built this portable to play a few of my favorite games (Tekken, Ape Escape, N-Gen, Gran Turismo, Metal Gears, etc). And most of them only use (if they support analog) the left stick. The right stick is only used to replace the face buttons (acceleration in GT, gadget use in Ape Escape, and yaw in N-Gen). So I guess I was lucky that games that use it either use both sticks or one stick (hang on that sounded stupid). It either uses both sticks, and shoulder buttons (shoulder buttons replacing the face buttons), or the left analog stick only in conjunction with the face buttons, and shoulder buttons. I did the sticks this way for three reasons: money, space, and ease (but it became more difficult than I thought). I thought it would be easier to use the sticks in the case instead of building a new enclosure (right and wrong, but I'm not getting into it right now), and because it saved me money, and space (using the original case made it as compact as it could be). There definitely is not enough room to put the sticks anywhere else in the case (try it I dare you :wink: ), so I was left to "settle" on their final position.
EDIT: My first correct use of a QUOTE! Woot!
Last edited by atkafighter on Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:23 pm

G-force posted something that would allow u to put them up higher. But ur right, the space is almost 0%.....no space!