psone screen just has white

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

wyattf100
360 GamerTag:XWhiteInfernoX
psone screen just has white

Post by wyattf100 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:01 am

so i have installed my screen in its case and i wanted to test it so i set it up and connected it to a complete n64 that hasnt been hacked. wired up my 5v sense wire. power and ground on my battery and shared a ground with the n 64 through the player 2 ground pin. yellow cable up to composite in, red and white on audio wires, with the headphone wires twisted together. i get good audio. the only thing is, is that my screen is very white, if i look off to the side of the screen i can see starfox 64's menu. so i took the screen off of all of these connections and when its powered up alone with the battery all i get is a white screen. any ideas?

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: psone screen just has white

Post by Metallica Man X » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Sounds like it's not getting enough power. Try running more juice through it.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

wyattf100
360 GamerTag:XWhiteInfernoX

Re: psone screen just has white

Post by wyattf100 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:14 pm

no its getting 7.4 volts. i just noticed that i may have accidentally removed the polorized filter on the screen causing only white screen to be seen. anyone have just a screen for sale without anything else a normal psone screen comes with?