I so frustrated, I think I will retire .

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

jeffslot
Portablizer Extraordinaire
I so frustrated, I think I will retire .

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Ok,

I'm about to give up for good. I think that this isn't turning out to be an appropriate hobby for me. I'm now about to give up on my second project. Way too much time / energy / money is being devoted to this persuit.

Is there any kind soul out there willing to finish my snesp for me - so I can retire in peace? I should be getting a led - modded psone screen back from turbo_tax_1.0 soon I can offer for compensation. I know you guys hate these posts, but I really did give my best shot, I just don't think I was meant to be a portable builder....

Thanks

Jeff S.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:45 pm

gannon wrote:Never give up, never surrender!
what are you having trouble with?
ImageImage

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:49 pm

Everything.

I really hate to quit, I can't even remember ever quiting at anything before (besides my last portable proje)(I'm 35), but this has got me so frustrated. I've wasted so many hours & too much money on something that I apparently stink at. So If there is anyone out there that wants to try to salvage my miserable proj, and earn a led modded psone screen (I can throw in a soldering iron probably too) please let me know.

Jeff S.

atkafighter

Post by atkafighter » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:03 pm

In all seriousness don't quit. I went through 2 snes' before I got one working, and now that one has died. Anyway the end result is a "working" psone portable. Anyone can be good at this hobby if they can put in the time and effort (and money). I started out as a model builder with zero soldering/electronic/portable knowledge when I started voiding warranties. Just ask questions we really DO have answers.

Mike

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:08 pm

No dude. Don't quit. Or at least tell us what happened first. Believe it or not, I was working on my SNESp tonight too, and I decided to turn it on and guess what? It doesn't power on. I got mighty frustrated too, but with a little patience I decided to jump the 1.5 amp fuse and it works again. I mean, it's a pain and I have no idea how it happened, but I figured it out eventually. Just let us know what happened, and if we can't help you then, THEN you can quit. But only for a month.

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:15 pm

This isn't my 1st failed project, it's my second. I really put a tremedous amount of energy into trying to build the 2600 project from ben's book not too mention $ (I really wish I had just been smart enought to plunk down the 325 for the phoenix, it would have been so much cheaper. I ended up getting some help from turbo_tax_1.0 on that one - Thanks Turbo.

Well I did decide to soldier on, & attempt the snesp. However, Now I'm getting really tired of trying to get this thing working. I'm spending way to much time soldering when I really just want to play with it. So, let me ask agian.

Does anyone have some interest in assisting me finish out this hobby by finishing out my snesp? I've got all the components. I can provide a led - modded psone screen as payment. I can even through in an atari 4 x 4 square if you want. Please. I just want to play, I've pretty much had it with building.....

Thanks again.

jeff S

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:20 pm

i really know how you feel man, ALL of my portable projects up to the snes p have been utter total failures, i will have a period where im right at the point of giving up then i wond up working on another portable, to date i have killed 3 n64s 2 psones one PSX and 2 lcd screens, and IM STILL AT IT, i dont know why, but trust me, the feeling of sucess when you actually DO finish is well worth it

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Ok, I'm getting the feeling you guys don't believe me that that I'm really going to retire from this hobby. I'm am 99% that is what I want to do.

So anyone interested in a in an led modded PSone screen, a 4x4 atari square (with the new video mod). Please I really just want to play with a snesp, not build one anymore. Anyone?

Thanks.

Jeff S

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:28 pm

well, i am trly sorry to hear it, will you still post on the forum ?

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:38 pm

I haven't really though about that too much. I'm guessing once I'm no longer actively working on a project, I wouldn't have as much to post about. I do enjoy reading some of the posts, so I will probably still do that.

No one interested in a psone screen, 4 x 4 atari square, 2 unused 3 mm led's for basically just soldering correctly my snesp proj?

Thanks.

Jeff S.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:48 pm

hmm all i can say is dont give up i fried a couple screens messed up a GC mobo and a psone just ask questions and work on it little by little first just get your snes going off batteries

i really think you can finish this i saw your atari running before in one of your posts, i honestly think you could do some good work on the snes
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:55 pm

Ugh, this is worse than the mafia.

"Everytime I try to get out, they pull me back in". Please somone, rescue me from this hobby.

Turbo will tell you I'm good for my word. I'm willing to give up, a led-modded psone screen, a 4 x 4 atari 2600 square & 2 unused 3mm led's. Doesn't anyone want this stuff?

It's not looking good that I will ever get to play supermario on a snesp :cry:

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:57 pm

i can send you your screen ready to hook up to your snes labeled and some instructions just gimme a day and i'll right em up i hate to see you give up just give it another shot

o yeah and i figured id do the led mod when i got your atari workin plus i ran out of leds so its not done on the screen :oops:
snesp mk4

jeffslot

Post by jeffslot » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:02 pm

Turbo_Tax_1.0

Really you are so kind. I will take you help, but only as a last resort. I've really pretty much had it. I'm really not looking forward to doing anymore soldering or trouble shooting. I really, really just want to play on a snesp. These projects have been so frustrating. Like you said I was so psyched when I had the 2600 screen working, I thought I was in the clear, but as it turned out I was wrong.

Please, for someone who is good at this stuff, if anyone out there wants some easily earned parts, take me up on my offer.....

Jeff S.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:09 pm

you will be surprised how much easier the snes is than the atari id say your atari really bugged the hell outta me tryin to get it to work the snes is simple no special mods just simple wires to simple plces
snesp mk4