DTL-H1202 PS1 recognize only audio cd :(

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Ichisuke
DTL-H1202 PS1 recognize only audio cd :(

Post by Ichisuke » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:52 am

Hi, I apologize if this is the wrong section of the board.
I have an old DTL-H1202 psx, a green PAL debug model. It was working correctly until months ago.
One day I was playing with a game then I turned off the console and leave it there for about 2 months(didn't have much time to go on playing), then I turned it on to continue playing that game but... the console didn't recognize any game discs.
If I insert a game disc, this spins than stop, than spins again, then stop etc... the console boot up and then go to the memory card/audio cd selection screen,
the PS logo doesn't even appear.
After I bought the console years ago I've changed the optical group with a new one(the model from the latest PSOne) and set the bias value, everything was working fine back there until recently.
I've tried changing the bias values and I've also tried a different optical group but nothing changed: the console doesn't recognize any game discs, could have happened something on the motherboard?
Audio cds are played correctly.
Hope someone here can help me because I don't know where to get some more information on this issue.
Thanks.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: DTL-H1202 PS1 recognize only audio cd :(

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:29 am

Wait. So you have a DTL-H1202 and you want to play normal games on it? This is a good reason why people like you should not be allowed to touch PSX development equipment. :facepalm:

Anyway, it sounds as if the laser has built up condensation and dried on the lenses from your chosen storage location.
You will also need to get the service manuals out and adjust the pot's accordingly.
Otherwise, buy another laser for it. A laser from a 1000 series PSX will suffice if I remember correctly.

Ichisuke

Post by Ichisuke » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Haunted360 wrote:Wait. So you have a DTL-H1202 and you want to play normal games on it? This is a good reason why people like you should not be allowed to touch PSX development equipment. :facepalm:

Anyway, it sounds as if the laser has built up condensation and dried on the lenses from your chosen storage location.
You will also need to get the service manuals out and adjust the pot's accordingly.
Otherwise, buy another laser for it. A laser from a 1000 series PSX will suffice if I remember correctly.
The problem is on the motherboard. The laser is working just fine on another console and the pot values were correct BEFORE the problem.
So no need to change laser.
I've opened the same topic on assembler games forum and another person have the same issue.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:39 am

Are you 110% certain that you have the POT's calibrated correctly?
If I remember right, the POT's are in fact on the motherboard (for your model) and not on the laser deck assembly.

Ichisuke

Post by Ichisuke » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:31 am

Yes. I'm sure. The console was reading everything fine after I've changed the optical group and set the pot to new values.
The other person checked that on his model the spindle motor is not receiving enough power when it change to 2X speed when all his other models have a different and stable voltage value.