portable TG-16 Q's

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

wilykat
portable TG-16 Q's

Post by wilykat » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Anyone try it? The board is pretty small if you cut off the part with controller port and relocate cart port. Or a region modded CoreGrafx.

TurboExpress has a few drawbacks, the biggest one being a very small LCD screen which makes reading text hard. Ever try to write down password for Neutopia? yikes!!

Plus LCd panels in the last few years are far clearer than a 25 year old LCD panel.

I would like to make myself a portable TG-16 with TurboBooster Plus for memory saves. And with LCD panel around 5" to make reading text easier.

Also

duo_r

Re: portable TG-16 Q's

Post by duo_r » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:51 pm

Tg-16 didn't get much attention in the past, but as of late there was a very nice one mady by Bacteria (modded-by-bacteria) and also new 3.5" LCD's have been dropped into standard Turbo Express. I also recently added a lithium ion battery in one and even an external controller port. Search my posts on pcenginefx.com under same name.

duo_r

Re: portable TG-16 Q's

Post by duo_r » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm

ahh I posted about the other mods I mentioned on here too:

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=54073" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;