is this a good idea?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

MilkMonster
is this a good idea?

Post by MilkMonster » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:05 pm

I am thinking for my portable n64 mabey have the screen removeable and leave the controller ports so it would be easier to play multiplayer. what do you guys think?
Last edited by MilkMonster on Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:13 pm

By all means, keep the controller ports, just relocate them to make it thinner. As for the screen, I would leave the PSone screen in its original case and remove the bottom hinge portion, replacing it with AV connectors instead. You could also remove it from the case, spray paint the case a different color and reassemble it. Also, it would be neat if it were possible to flip the screen around when you wanted to put it away, so the LCD couldn't get damaged by something.

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:28 am

Yeah, just make a TV out feature. Make it so that the video goes through a switch*, one side goes to internal screen, and other goes to TV.

EDIT: I spelled switch wrong
Last edited by bioniclebert on Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making XNA Games in C#.

usbcd36

Post by usbcd36 » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:16 am

Wire up the AV out from the N64 as usual (connect it so all of the pins connect where they used to be), but wire the grounds together and connect them to one side of an SPDT switch (there will be 3 leads on the bottom, connect them both to either of the outside leads). Connect the center lead to the N64 board or the battery, just make sure it connects to some ground. Finally, connect the last lead to the PSone screen ground (the one that you attach power to). Then, when you flip the switch one way, the screen will turn on and when you flip it the other way, the AV jack will work.