PSone PC

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

linekid
PSN Username:Boloros
360 GamerTag:A Traveling Jew
Steam ID:linekid
PSone PC

Post by linekid » Thu May 24, 2012 8:43 pm

hey everyone. I just registered on the forum (I have known about it, but didnt want to sign up until I had a good idea).

Heres the story. I bought a PSone a while back, but the cd drive didnt work. So the other day I cam across a PSone with the orignal power cable, which I was missing, and it worked. My original plan was to get clear case for it, but I got to thinking has anybody made a PSone PC?

I have a mini desktop, one of the old dell ones, and was wondering if anybody has done a console mod and put it into a computer? I have 2 PSone boards to work with, but only 1 PSone drive, I could always get the original playstations. I want to make the disk drive to pop out or make it like a ps3 drive. I want to have memory card slots on the front with the controller ports.

Give me your feedback and if it would be cool to do this or if it has already been done. I dont think it will be to hard I just need to get home to start.

ProgMetalMan

Re: PSone PC

Post by ProgMetalMan » Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Making a tray-loading drive would be very hard.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

linekid
PSN Username:Boloros
360 GamerTag:A Traveling Jew
Steam ID:linekid

Post by linekid » Thu May 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Yeah, but I thought bout using the ps3 type style loading tray. I still need to get something to desolder the controller ports, and the power plug.

ProgMetalMan

Post by ProgMetalMan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:13 pm

That will be even harder. As in, near impossible. Impossible for a newb.
ShockSlayer wrote:Proggy's right.
ttsgeb wrote:mfw prog was not only right, but 100% so.

superben51
PSN Username:superben52

Post by superben51 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:38 pm

ProgMetalMan wrote:That will be even harder. As in, near impossible. Impossible for a newb.
I have to agree here.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:13 am

It's not impossible at all. Im working on it myself.

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... ding-Drive

As for the PC, I have one myself as well. I use it to program and make PS1 games with, which you can find here http://psdev.psio.com.au/

I will upload a new video soon, but for now, here is the second one I uploaded. Check out the third after watching it...