MY BELOVED N64!! HELLPPP!!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

JohnnyJam23
360 GamerTag:Dr Marmite64
MY BELOVED N64!! HELLPPP!!

Post by JohnnyJam23 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:16 pm

alrite guys this seems like the place to get an answer, my n64 which ive had since about 1997 has never had a problem i thought it was invincible, today i went to try my new cart road rash 64 and it wont turn on! i changed the fuse it wasnt that, i took everything out other than the ac cable, turned it on (no red light) pulled the plug out for 30 seconds roughly and the red light flashes once with a slight clicking noise whilst unplugged, then i plug it in and the red light comes on for about 2 seconds and turns off with a slight clicking noise, CAN ANYONE FIGURE IT OUT???? im counting on you guys this thing is my childhood pride and joy
Tetsu......HADOOOOKEN!!!! WHOO HOOOO HUH Faaalcooon PUUUUUNCHH!!!! Falcon is for noobs hahaaaaaa

palmertech

Re: MY BELOVED N64!! HELLPPP!!

Post by palmertech » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Unplug it and wait 24 hours. The N64 power supply has a fuse in it that will auto-reset.

Excellent

JohnnyJam23

Post by JohnnyJam23 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:57 am

Hey thanks for the advice man but no luck i left it over 24 hrs and it still wont turn on, the thought of having to buy a new one saddens me, is it fatal doc? my n64 dont wanna die!!! do you think it is the power cable or the actual console? thanks
Tetsu......HADOOOOKEN!!!! WHOO HOOOO HUH Faaalcooon PUUUUUNCHH!!!! Falcon is for noobs hahaaaaaa

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Almost certainly the power cord. See if you can borrow another one, and if it works, they are pretty cheap on eBay.

Excellent

JohnnyJam23

Post by JohnnyJam23 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:14 pm

thanks man you are wise in the way of old skool nintendo :D i will try borrow one and hopefully is the power pack, i will let you know how it goes. but still havent got to try my new Road Rash cart!! gutted hahaaa