N64p almost done

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

G-force
N64p almost done

Post by G-force » Mon May 03, 2004 8:18 pm

I've been working on my N64p for almost a month now and I am just about done now. Check it out here www.freewebs.com/customconsoles/nintendo64portable.htm

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Mon May 03, 2004 8:48 pm

That's one good looking portable. 8) Really nice. 8)
What are you using for the case?

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon May 03, 2004 9:01 pm

nice portable. what I like the most though is the case design. It seems to be a generic frankenstein case, but one that is extremely well done.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon May 03, 2004 10:40 pm

Sounds great.

Hope I can ask you a question or two in the furture about making an N64p.

And the case looks awsome. It reminds me of the nes portables (game axe and other), it give it a professinal look to it that you dont see in most cases.

Good luck on the final leg.

Sparkfist

diggerdanh

Post by diggerdanh » Tue May 04, 2004 8:44 am

That's a pretty good idea about just leaving the TV/LCD complete and velcroing it to the system (or somehow otherwise attaching). Doesn't look too bad either.

With half a dozen different portable systems in varying degrees of completeness like I have, it is a good idea to consider a "universal" lcd screen.

Plus that way I don't have to worry about cutting it up, rewiring it or otherwise messing with it. A shot of paint and it's good to go. Also, if anything ever happens to the TV or screen, doing a replacement is very easy.

G-force

Post by G-force » Tue May 04, 2004 10:03 pm

Thanks for the good reviews everybody.
Yeah, I was going to put the screen inside but I'm not rich, so I decided to do this. By the way, I didn't think the velcro would work but it does. You can shake it upside down and the screen won't come off.
I'm using a Radio Shack 7x5 inch project box for the case.
I have actually been planning this for about 5 months, ever since I read about bens PSp in EGM, I wanted to make a portable. My first attempts were laughable, but I learned a lot, Like try something out on scrap plastic before doing it to the case (saved the case about 3 times).

My web site sucks but I'll probably fix it up, I want to make a walkthrough for making a N64p like mine, BUT first I need to finish mine. I just need to go to radio shack and pick up a few things and it will be done.

i am Matt

Post by i am Matt » Wed May 05, 2004 4:47 pm

Hey could you possibly put up a walkthrough of everstep to making your version of the Nintendo 64 portable?

Your version is the best I've seen so far!
I didn't even notice the tv was outside the box until you pointed it out.
Nice job by the way!

Oh... and one of my questions is, how did you get the controller buttons so far apart?

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed May 05, 2004 10:50 pm

If I have time I'll put up a step by step walkthrough, but it will take a while to make.

For the controlls I took some tactile pushbutton switches from a VCR and put them on a piece of PCB board and used some screws to hold it there then I put some SNES buttons on top of the tac switches ( a lot like bens SNESp). I'll go into detail on how to do it later on my site. I really like the controll layout.

i am MATT

Post by i am MATT » Fri May 07, 2004 5:59 pm

That sounds great! Thanks!