Need pointers. First time portable, big project.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Jakesula
Need pointers. First time portable, big project.

Post by Jakesula » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:36 am

Alright, so I've never done any conversion of a console to a portable before, that being said, I'm up for a challenge. I'm thinking 8,16,64 bit all in one. I have an fc twin and an old 64 and a 10 inch lcd screen. i want it to transition smoothly between consoles(like the fc twin). I'd like to not mess it up so my questions are a. has anyone tried something similar?, b. does this sound possible?, c. are there any handy instructions or references available?, and d. is there anything I might be over looking? Any help or tips are greatly appreciated. Also, I have a plan for how to layout the controller, but is it possible to substitute the joystick? (clicky unresponsive 64 stick to smooth precise 360(or third party) control stick) Thanks.

neverused

Re: Need pointers. First time portable, big project.

Post by neverused » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 am

Best tip, read the stickies. Almost everything is answered there.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Anythings possible,

but you need to figure it yourself which is the hard part...

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:36 am

my advice: unless it's a really big deal to you to have it all in the same thing, make an fc twin portable and a n64 portable, or pick one or the other.

i know you said you're up for a challenge, and no these things are not unheard of, but for a first time portablizer, any single portable would be a challenge, especially n64s. so many things can go wrong, so many things can break, they can get costly and very discouraging. i would hate to see you have one completely working, but being dragged down by problems from the other one.

if your heart is set on a 3-in-1 though, i can speak for all of us here and say we would be more than happy to give you advice and guidance along the way.
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image