My N64 portable Progress so far

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

sorcererswind
My N64 portable Progress so far

Post by sorcererswind » Tue May 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Hiya everyone just wanted to let you all know i`ve been working on a n64 portable

Here`s a clip of it in action
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdkaLr2nLAs

not quite what i`d wanted but in a rush to get this done quickly i spent about a month on it so far its not painted yet or anything just what it need to be to play a game software wise its in its alpha stages Here`s the original plan

i wanted a 7 inch screen which is just under the width of the console but the one sent to me was 8.5" so i thought i`d save it for another project and hope if i get another screen off ebay i will get the right one, well for £10 it was worth for the mistake (inc postage)
so i got this 3.5" off ebay for 16.99 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-3-5-TFT-LCD- ... 3f0932e882

Well tomorrow`s either gonna be a day or rest from this obligitory eye sore or i`am going to be coating with epoxy,sanding, and spray painting the damn thing to get it finished

Oracletriplex

Re: My N64 portable Progress so far

Post by Oracletriplex » Tue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Nice, I love how small it is. l was going to try and make mine as small as possible but I fried my cut down board and had to fall back on one that was regular size.

You could always solder a headphone jack in, then you wouldn't need any speakers, only headphones. An mp3 player doesn't have speakers and people carry them everywhere.

sorcererswind

Re: My N64 portable Progress so far

Post by sorcererswind » Wed May 18, 2011 6:15 am

I did`nt think that that i could solder a headphone jack to the n64 motherboard because its composite audio is`nt it aren`t they 2 different things? this would be a great great help because then i would`nt have to fork out for a unessessary amp and speakers iam thinking of adding a 2 player option with just a screen and a controller inside a gamegear shell connectd through some kind of link cable ive bought a 4.3" screen off ebay and a stingray controller + a faulty gamegear for the job. I`ll probably start work on it tommorrow