Any help on a handheld Mega-drive (Genesis)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

TheMellon
360 GamerTag:melloninit
Any help on a handheld Mega-drive (Genesis)

Post by TheMellon » Thu May 05, 2011 2:17 pm

Hello everyone!!

Okay, go easy on me guys. I bought an AtGames Mega-Drive from my local 'Game store' about 6 Months ago. After a little bit of use the AV-output decided to knack up, just recently i've been inspired by 'Techknott' and Hailrazor's' Handheld devices to get up and make my own, i figured my broken AtGames Mega-Drive would be perfect for trying it out! Plus its really small so it would be ideal for a handheld

Note: I am aware that a portable AtGames device already exists, but i'm pretty sure it only has inbuilt games where as this one has the cartrage slot. Also i want to learn and challenge myself, since i now have the spare time to do so.

A small problem though, i'd like it to have a battery. The AC cable used to power it says this...

INPUT:100-240V
50/60Hz 0.4A Max
OUTPUT: 9V - 450mA

... Bassicaly, i have no idea what that meens. So what type of rechargable battery could i use for this and where is a great place to get one (that delivers in the UK)? All i need is someone to point me in the right direction and i'll head there!

Secondly about an LCD screen, i've noticed most of you are using the PSone's LCD screen, i've had a look on eBay and the best i can find cost's £75, although it comes with the console (witch i dont want, lol). I cant find any by themselves (without the delivery and price being redonkulous). However i did manage to find replacement screens for the PSP 3000 going for £12-£15, would that work? How would i go about connecting it up to the battery source?

I know, i'm getting a little ahead of myself, but i do realize that this isnt going to be easy, and i'm sure you'll have realized i'm a bit of a noobie when it comes to this stuff. I'm incredibly eager to do this and any information on how i would go about this whole operation would be greatly apprecieated and hopefully someone could shed some light on the situation.

Thanks for your time everybody!!
Take care!!
:)

Reubensupernerd

Re: Any help on a handheld Mega-drive (Genesis)

Post by Reubensupernerd » Sat May 21, 2011 4:04 pm

What that means is that you need to provide 9 volts with your battery and that the battery must be able to deliver 450 milliamps
EDIT: also check the hacking portable screens section to ensure that the screen you do choose is usable

vargose

Re: Any help on a handheld Mega-drive (Genesis)

Post by vargose » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:02 pm

There are several 3.5 inch LCDs on ebay. Used for rear view cameras in cars. I am thinking about using one of those.