Cart emulator progress thread

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Re: Cart emulator progress thread

Post by Triton » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm

buttheadrulesagain wrote:^^I hope soon, ending this week would be the 4th week since the preorders were available.
When i pre-ordered my GP2X in october of 2006 or whatever year it was, they didnt ship the finished units till early december, and preorders were up 3 months or more before i ordered mine. 4 weeks is nothing.

evilteddy
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:Kirren of Smeg
Steam ID:kizzinator

Post by evilteddy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:57 am

If you were to talk to a Pandora owner about getting impatient after 4 weeks I think they'd explode at you. Then after calming down they'd explain that it would be worth waiting 4 months if thats what it took.

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Cart emulator progress thread

Post by bassmasta » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:32 am

And then, if you talked to someone who preordered Duke Nukem Forever back in 2001...
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:52 am

Hah, yeah! I know about those. But I also think those had more open dates, and it's not like we preordered since the inception of the 64drive. I've been aware of it and waiting for more than 1 year (and I guess it has been in development for more time)...

Anyways, I'm ok with waiting a bit longer, and I'm almost sure Marshall will be sending those sexy things in 2 weeks.

EDIT: in reality, what I wanted was an update from him, being that his self-imposed deadline wasn't met. I understand that production can be delayed for stuff out of his control.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

marshallh wrote:There are a LOT of orders for this
Aha! Very nice!!

You must be excited Marshall :mrgreen:

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:08 pm

From the site:
Note about preorders:

Thank you everyone for your preorders so far. There was a HUGE amount of demand, more so than I could have predicted.

Because of this, the production is taking longer. As of Sep 7, some cartridges will be shipping within 2 weeks.

Preorders will be shipped in the order that they were paid for. If you placed a preorder in early August, you will be the first to receive yours.

Thank you very much for your patience.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Changed:
Thank you everyone for your preorders so far. There was a HUGE amount of demand, more so than I could have predicted.

Because of this, the production is taking longer. As of Sep 19 the boards are clearing customs and on their way to me.

Preorders will be shipped in the order that they were paid for. If you placed a preorder in early August, you will be the first to receive yours.

Thank you very much for your patience.
This place is fun.

ToastTech Forums: Built with love.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 pm

I hope they are shipped soon, I can hardly wait! I'd like updates to be sent through the mail list, I didn't notice the last one.

Haunted360

Post by Haunted360 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:48 am

buttheadrulesagain wrote:I hope they are shipped soon, I can hardly wait! I'd like updates to be sent through the mail list, I didn't notice the last one.
I think Marshall is very very busy. He doesn't have the time to write and email an update.

Give the guy a break and wait.

Just be patient.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 am

I wish I could be shipping them out already, but freaking UPS is taking forever to clear it through customs. Stuck in Louisville KY for 3 days now. It must have been part of a big shipment.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:40 pm

^^That's cool, no worries here.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:47 pm

I think Marshall is very very busy. He doesn't have the time to write and email an update.

Just be patient.
I don't think my suggestion is over the top... I mean, he'd only have to copy and paste the exact message he put in the 64drive page, and send it to the people in the mail list. He's already taking time to put the message in the page, it would only take a few more seconds to mail it.

Ah, it's hard to be patient! this thing is awesome to the max! good thing I ordered it before the world's economy went down the tubes (again).

Haunted360

Post by Haunted360 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:54 am

buttheadrulesagain wrote:

Just be patient.
I don't think my suggestion is over the top... I mean, he'd only have to copy and paste the exact message he put in the 64drive page, and send it to the people in the mail list. He's already taking time to put the message in the page, it would only take a few more seconds to mail it.
Yea, you're right. Sorry.

I have no right to tell you if he is busy or not.

Just annoying to keep seeing people ask him, "When will you post it?" and "Where is my 64Drive?" when the questions have been answered. lol.

It is really hard to not respond :?

Tchay

Post by Tchay » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:25 am

Marshallh, you probably know, but UPS sucks balls. They smash stuff, and their uniforms are outrageous.

USPS is way better, but maybe you got some shipping deal with UPS; I don't know.
Image Image

Lady Eklipse

Post by Lady Eklipse » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 pm

Probably the customs are waiting for some action from Marshall's side, such as sending them an invoice for the package.
I'm pretty sure that it is stuck on the customs because there are a lot of identical items in the package.