Cart emulator progress thread

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

chunky
Re: Cart emulator progress thread

Post by chunky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:20 am

Is this where we should post any bugs we find Marshall?

I'm having issues with my Wave Race save file resetting when I've got a controller pak plugged in.

Code: Select all

NTSC N64
NTSC 64drive
8GB MicroSD FAT32 format
menu 1.07
Wave Race 64 (U) (V1.1) [!]
Default launch options
1 controller, 1 controller pak, no wave race data on it
It seems that most of the time when I save/reset [press the reset button to save my progress] and I have a controller pak plugged in it wipes the save game.
I've tried to troubleshoot it by; starting the game with it in, then removing it before I save/resest; starting the game without it in, then I save/resest, then pull it out before I start the game again; etc. to try and determine the exact scenario that causes the issue but it seems a little random when it does or doesn't wipe the game save.

I know the problem would be solved by just playing without a controller pak plugged in, but I thought you might want to know to test if it's part of a larger problem that could effect other games that actually use the controller pak for important data.

KyoufuNoDaio

Post by KyoufuNoDaio » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:11 am

To help him out with this, is it a first or third party Controller Pak and have you tried it with official carts? If the save is going away, the battery inside it might be dead.

chunky

Post by chunky » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Official controller pak, I've tried it with 2 of them.

It's not the save on the controller pak that is going, there isn't even any Wave Race save data on the controller paks.
It's the "in cart" save data.

Reubensupernerd

Post by Reubensupernerd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:37 am

I got my 64drive just the other day, plopped in a 4gb cf card and I've got tons of games on it. I have a question for Marshall: Is it possible to play the 40 Winks (leaked final build of a game that went unreleased) PAL rom (there doesn't seem to be a leaked NTSC variant) on my NTSC console? If I run it in pal mode (from the 64drive menu) I'm able to get it to play and all, but my TV can't handle 50hz (V-hold goes nuts), if I force NTSC it gives me a region warning but displays perfectly. Should I just try another TV that is dual region?
Perhaps it's just me but I get headaches from the bad deinterlacing and display of n64 games on modern sets.

Sorry for the rambling,
Reuben

sevin0seven
PSN Username:sevin0seven
360 GamerTag:sevin0seven
Steam ID:sevin0seven

Post by sevin0seven » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:20 am

@Reubensupernerd

you need to patch 40 Winks to play as NTSC on your 64drive. get it here: http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/539/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reubensupernerd

Post by Reubensupernerd » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:06 pm

@sevin0seven
Thanks!

cyto

Post by cyto » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:14 pm

Just got mine before the Superbowl and it plays everything I've thrown at it, even Killer Instinct Gold. It does freeze when hitting reset to save once in a while and yes, I have the latest menu and firmware.
It would be great if it also had cheat file support (.cht) or at least Game Genie support like the SuperNES drive. Marshall mentioned this may be a future possibility.What other functions could Marshall be working on?

akuten

Post by akuten » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:44 pm

I was playing through the Evangelion N64 QTE collection for kicks the other day when after hitting Yes to save I got a fullscreen error with EEP VERIFY MISS repeated over and over. When I hit reset I had lost all my progress on that file, but the game remembered stuff that was unlocked along the way.

tdb

Post by tdb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:54 am

marshallh wrote:I will check on yours. Paypal randomly removes the shipping label information for some old orders and it makes it easy to overlook.
I have October orders about half done, another batch going out tomorrow that will probably finish up that month.

Let me know if you are prior to October and still have not received a shipping email.
Ten days have past since my last post. Still no update on my order from Marshall, and I'm still waiting on a shipment notice. I've tried pm (on assembler forum), I've tried email; no respons. I guess he is too busy assembling all orders. An update on my situation would be much appreciated.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:43 pm

tdb wrote:Ten days have past since my last post. Still no update on my order from Marshall, and I'm still waiting on a shipment notice. I've tried pm (on assembler forum), I've tried email; no respons. I guess he is too busy assembling all orders. An update on my situation would be much appreciated.
Yours is good to go, along with a bunch more people's orders I just shipped today. The exact dates are on the 64drive site.

The black screen on reset is something I fixed in the beta firmware, but I haven't had time to polish it up and get it released. Should see that, along with menu 1.08 out within the next week. I will also look into the save issues (which are probably related to the black screen)

KyoufuNoDaio

Post by KyoufuNoDaio » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:59 pm

Pressing start on an image can cause an error. I did this a few times to try to narrow down the reason and it ended up corrupting my CF card. I was using the most recent Menu/Bootloader/Firmware.
Last edited by KyoufuNoDaio on Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Error 9001: Sector too close to MBR?

KyoufuNoDaio

Post by KyoufuNoDaio » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:33 am

Yes, that's the one, just checked.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

WHAT 9000!?! :lol:

marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:53 pm

Lots of new things/fixes in both menu 1.08 and firmware 1.03. Grab them both from the support page