Cart emulator progress thread

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

isolomon6
Re: Cart emulator progress thread

Post by isolomon6 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Hello guys,

I placed my order on March 17th and I noticed the site has been updated a few times recently. I'm wondering if any of you have ever received a confirmation e-mail, stating that your cart has been shipped. I have never e-mailed Marshall in regards to my order, until recently. Logically, I figured since he updates the status runs on his website, it wouldn't be necessary to ask him the annoying question on when my order will be shipped. My concern is a bit different, since I am supposed to be expecting mine soon. The problem is, I never received a confirmation e-mail (if I was supposed to get one). I know he's a busy guy. Any help on whether any of you ever received a confirmation e-mail or a track number of some sort would be very helpful. Thanks guys. :)

p.s. How often does he get back to you through e-mails? That would be helpful too. :)

starlightknight

Post by starlightknight » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:04 am

isolomon6 wrote:Hello guys,

I placed my order on March 17th and I noticed the site has been updated a few times recently. I'm wondering if any of you have ever received a confirmation e-mail, stating that your cart has been shipped. I have never e-mailed Marshall in regards to my order, until recently. Logically, I figured since he updates the status runs on his website, it wouldn't be necessary to ask him the annoying question on when my order will be shipped. My concern is a bit different, since I am supposed to be expecting mine soon. The problem is, I never received a confirmation e-mail (if I was supposed to get one). I know he's a busy guy. Any help on whether any of you ever received a confirmation e-mail or a track number of some sort would be very helpful. Thanks guys. :)

p.s. How often does he get back to you through e-mails? That would be helpful too. :)
I never e-mailed him so I'm not sure on that, but I got a shipping confirmation via Paypal w/ a USPS Priority Mail tracking number.

ToñoGK

Post by ToñoGK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:55 pm

starlightknight wrote: Since your original post, I've noticed that the order status of units shipped has been updated twice - from all orders up to March 20 shipped -> April 20 -> May 2nd. If you're May 20th it seems you'll be up soon. It took me somewhere around 3 months to get mine, but it was worth the wait.

Personally I keep checking back hoping to see a new menu update; here's to hoping one will come after he gets caught up on orders :)
Thank you so much, bro! Actually I got a mail today from paypal saying that the 64drive has been sent...

But! A week ago I wrote a mail to marshall asking him to send the 64drive from a more secure company.. like fedex or dhl, just because once USPS delivers the item here in Mexico, the tracking number gets lost and it is impossible to track it.. The last two things I ordered from the US didn't arrive.. The mexican postal service sucks...

So I guess is 90% possible the 64drive won't make it.. I've written a couple of mails to marshall but I did't get answer, don't get me wrong.. I think marshall is a great guy and is very occupied, but what do you guys suggest me to do?

Thanks!

ttsgeb
360 GamerTag:ttsgeb
Steam ID:ttsgeb

Post by ttsgeb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:24 pm

Get to the border station where the USPS trucks go through. Wait.

Don't really do this. It's a bad idea.

If he gave you a tracking number today, chances are that you have about 2 hours to get a hold of him. Pretty unlikely. I would just wait and hope it goes through.
It could also help to talk to the nearest postal station and tell them you are expecting a package from the US. You never know, it could help. They may be able to keep an eye on it for you.

isolomon6

Post by isolomon6 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 pm

starlightknight wrote:

I never e-mailed him so I'm not sure on that, but I got a shipping confirmation via Paypal w/ a USPS Priority Mail tracking number.
Thanks for your input. I just got an invoice from him today around 5pm with shipping information and all. :)

isolomon6

Post by isolomon6 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 pm

isolomon6 wrote:
starlightknight wrote:

Thanks for your input. I just got an invoice from him today around 5pm with shipping information and all. :)
Hello guys,

I just wanted to inform you all that received my cart on Thursday (8/23).

starlightknight

Post by starlightknight » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:55 am

I checked this morning and Menu 1.10 is posted ^_^

V1.10

BUGFIXES:

- Improved region detection (Thanks radorn)
- No longer hangs with quickstart on fresh install

FEATURES:

- Easy delete option added to the image option
screen.
- Extensive controller pak management
View the contents of the real controller pak
and three additional virtual paks
Format is headerless 32k SRAM dump. Same as Dexdrive
files, but without the 0x1040 byte header.

ToñoGK

Post by ToñoGK » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Got my 64drive and I'm very happy with it.

Do you know if it is possible to watch videos in it?

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:36 am

Well, yeah, but you'd have to encode it somehow and make a xx.n64 file from it. Marshall hasn't shared the secret yet. There's a video encoded like this in an earlier post from Marshall.

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:17 am

Does anybody know if the Gameshark save backup compression has been figured out? I know it's only tangentially related to the 64Drive, but the addition of memory pak management made me think of it. For those of you who don't know, the N64 Gameshark had a feature that allowed backing up a save file from a cartridge onto a controller pak. However, it would seem that the saves were somehow compressed, and I have not been able to find any indication that anyone has figured it out. However, if it could be figured out, it would be awesome to be able to extract those saves on the 64Drive so you could copy your saves from an original cart onto the 64Drive or vice versa. Of course, if anyone knows of a PC app that can do it, I could just dump the controller pak onto the microSD card virtual pak, then extract it on the PC, but like I said, I haven't been able to find anything online...

Another nice feature would be the ability to copy individual save slots from one card to another, without having to clone the entire card.

cyto

Post by cyto » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm

Marshall has said on his page that he may include .cht or Gameshark support in future updates. If enough people want it, he's more likely to work on it now that preorders are all caught up and he may also take a look at Gameshark save compression(wink, wink).

qwertymodo
360 GamerTag:qwertymodo
Steam ID:qwertymodo

Post by qwertymodo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 am

Or here's a crazy idea... Transfer Pak support.

KyoufuNoDaio

Post by KyoufuNoDaio » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 am

Anyone know what the update to the USB Loader did?

EDIT: Never mind, it's documented in the source file.

rephlex303

Post by rephlex303 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 pm

I got my 64drive on Saturday and I'm very happy with it. It would be nice to have some HW documentation tho - what does that pal/ ntsc jumper do etc.? One question I've got is that I ordered one without a CIC chip. If I solder in the CIC from a copy of Jet Force Gemini will it work with all roms? (I'm currently using the CIC from a spare copy of mario 64 and it works with everything I've tried apart from JFG and BT)
Cheers!

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm

rephlex303 wrote:I got my 64drive on Saturday and I'm very happy with it. It would be nice to have some HW documentation tho - what does that pal/ ntsc jumper do etc.? One question I've got is that I ordered one without a CIC chip. If I solder in the CIC from a copy of Jet Force Gemini will it work with all roms? (I'm currently using the CIC from a spare copy of mario 64 and it works with everything I've tried apart from JFG and BT)
Cheers!
The jumper is for the empty footprint on the back. It was for a future CIC replacement, doesn't do anything now.

It will work fine with a 6105. Just make sure you bridge the 'BANK' jumper next to the CIC so that it boots using the alternate 6105 bootloader.