Cart emulator progress thread

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

buttheadrulesagain
Re: Cart emulator progress thread

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Hey Marshall, I sent you an e-mail, asking about my order. I ordered one day before sevin0sevin, but I haven't received any shipping notice.

EDIT: nevermind, got the confirmation :)

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:09 pm

I received mine Tuesday and finally got to play with it a bit today.

This one is absolutely perfect !!!!!

Plus I got the 4gb mini Sd card. WoooHooo for me, tke that marshallh , in your face. :lol:
Just kidding I sent it out yesterday back to you.

I love the 64Drive. It is a much better product than the Everdrive.

Thanks for offering it and putting the time in to design and produce it marshall. Two thumbs up, way up !!
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Got mine, and runs perfectly to this point. Thanks!

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:15 pm

...was running perfectly until now :( . I was playing a game (don't remember which), then I turned off the console to go to the menu, as I've been doing since yesterday. When I turned it on, the 64drive told me there wasn't a FAT32 partition. I checked my CF card on my PC, and it was fine, the files where there, and it was FAT32. I tried formatting and installing everything again, but I got the same message. Could it be the card? it's some generic brand-less 2 GB card I have been using for my NES Powerpak. :cry:

edit: I got it to work again by chance apparently... I tried the card on my NES Powerpak, checked it was alright, then tried again on the 64drive, and it worked. What can be happening here? This card hasn't given me any problem before.

Lady Eklipse

Post by Lady Eklipse » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:57 pm

From official FAQ:
What memory card should I buy?
It's been tested with 128MB, 2GB, 4GB, and 16GB CF cards. In addition to this, 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, microSD cards have been tested. Beware of counterfeit memory cards. If you're lucky, they'll be super slow, or may not work in the 64drive at all.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:28 pm

^^I hope it's that. Though it would be strange that my NES Powerpak has worked without any failure with this card, and now it presents problems with the 64drive. I think I'll get a nice Kingston MicroSD with enough capacity for the full library anyways, that should work.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:48 pm

64drive uses fairly aggressive timings for reading CF. That card is probably barely able to meet the timings, if it is counterfeit. Or it could just be a cheap card.

You can hold Z for compatibility mode next time you get that message.

buttheadrulesagain

Post by buttheadrulesagain » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Well, I got a Kingston microSD 8 GB card. Now what happens (and it also happens to the CF card) is that the small circle at the center appears, spins a little, and the screen goes black. If I put the 64drive without any card, it just says there's no card, with the 64drive logo. I found out that if I turn off and on the console several times (many), at some point it will load correctly, sometimes it'll load twice, thrice or four times in a row, and then again, black screen. But most of the times it's just two or three times and black screen.

EDIT: Marshall, I think I'll have to send the unit back to you. Now it doesn't even show the small circle spinning, there's just a black screen, either with or without a card. I'll send you an email.

chunky

Post by chunky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:54 am

Placed my order yesterday.

Now I've just got to wait for it to get here, as well as my NTSC N64 and do the RGB mod.

While we're on the subject of cards; Is it better to use a CF over a Micro SD?
I mean according to the FAQ, they're both the same speed, but obviously the Micro SD doesn't stick out the top of the cartridge. So I figure there must be some advantage to the CF card.

Lady Eklipse

Post by Lady Eklipse » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:59 am

The only advantage of CF is that it is easier to handle. You literally won't be able to get your microSD out without tiny tongs or long nails. If you are lucky, your microSD can fly several yards/meters away - I'm serious, it happened to me.

jaqiefox

Post by jaqiefox » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I found in general with microSD cards it helps to make a handle with some pieces of tape. not that magic tape clear crud, stuff thats like clear packing tape just smaller. just fold it over the end to make a flap to pull it out by.
Jaqie Fox, Genuine girl techie | http://foxtecha.com

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:33 pm

anyone familiar with usps have a idea about this?

Label/Receipt Number: LJ62 7811 940U S
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 3:37 pm on October 04, 2011 in MANHATTAN, KS 66502. No further information is available for this item.

Enter Label/Receipt Number.

Detailed Results:

Acceptance, October 04, 2011, 3:37 pm, MANHATTAN, KS 66502
Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 04, 2011

its just be sitting there for like, 20 days?
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:42 pm

Average for australia shipping seems to be ~3-4 weeks. That tracking sucks, but you have to pay $40 instead of $14 to get anything better.

jdmlight
Steam ID:jdmlight

Post by jdmlight » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:24 am

blaze3927 wrote:anyone familiar with usps have a idea about this?

Label/Receipt Number: LJ62 7811 940U S
Service(s): International Letter

Your item was accepted at 3:37 pm on October 04, 2011 in MANHATTAN, KS 66502. No further information is available for this item.
its just be sitting there for like, 20 days?
Now you understand why we in the US absolutely hate USPS's abysmal tracking. It's entirely possible that they will update the tracking to say "Out for delivery" an hour before you receive the item. That's happened to me many times before. :lol:
--John (and please call me John, it's really weird to be called by my username)
Fight MS Paint abominations! If you don't have a camera, go here, and pick something 3 megapixels or higher.

sanni

Post by sanni » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:59 am

Afaik the tracking only knows two states "send" and "received".
So right now you know that the seller has send the item and when you receive it the status will change to received so the seller on the other hand knows that you have received it.
It's not supposed to be realtime location tracking :wink: