Cart emulator progress thread

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

hidiosoman
Re: Cart emulator progress thread

Post by hidiosoman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Haunted360 wrote:Why is it taking you so long to release Marshall. What stage are you up to because you have been on this for what, almost 3 years now?

KRIKzz finished his and got it out in 3 months. Just saying :lol:

Your going to loose sales and the market if you dont get it out there!
God dang it Haunted, do you really think he's just keeping it for himself and not releasing for the hell of it?
There are a lot of kinks to work out, kinks that are extremely apparent in the Everdrive64.

It has trouble with some types of saves, can't play Banjo Tooie, has horrible UI, no mp3 player (even though this isn't a biggy), etc.
Marshall is making sure everything is PERFECT before he releases. That's why I'm gonna buy his and not some 3 month rushed piece of crap.

Seriously, read up on stuff before you post.

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:30 pm

BTW, just got Flashram working ;)

budnespid

Post by budnespid » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:26 pm

marshallh wrote:BTW, just got Flashram working ;)
Yes!

marshallh
360 GamerTag:marshallh

Post by marshallh » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:01 pm

Just got Dezaemon 3D saving working too.

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Haunted360 wrote:
(I edited the stupidity out of his post)
marshallh wrote:BTW, just got Flashram working ;)
I'm really glad that this thing keeps getting better and that you're not releasing it before it's perfect, because the finished product will be worth the wait, and will be the best there is.
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:56 pm

there is some pretty cool stuff that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the present. :mrgreen: needless to say this is going to be the absolute best and most fully featured cartridge emulator for the n64 available. everdrive dont got sh!t on this!

hidiosoman

Post by hidiosoman » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Triton wrote:there is some pretty cool stuff that I'm not at liberty to discuss at the present. :mrgreen: needless to say this is going to be the absolute best and most fully featured cartridge emulator for the n64 available. everdrive dont got sh!t on this!
Aw man, I bet a lot was revealed at MGC this year... I should've stayed for the demonstration, but my friend wanted to leave after waiting an hour while Marshall was at lunch (we even waited after the posted time of when you'd get back :( )
At least I got to meet Ben Heckendorn....

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:14 am

Shutup. I was just saying, he is losing the market!

I spoke to KRIKzz (very nice guy) and he has sold A LOT, of the EverDrive 64. I dont think people will buy ANOTHER, on top of one that works fine and was $100 cheaper. I know how much it costs to manufacture these things, so $200 is just a little high I reckon. I understand you have put a hell of a lot of effort into programming in verilog and getting MP3 working etc, but I personally think it is to high.

I mean, I bet it has some 'secret' features not announced yet, but I am just saying you may want to get it released quite quickly now...

Above all keep up the good work Marshall. I want to see it finished and being sold because your doing a great job on it.

All I was explaining was that you have to hurry. Most of the other features, can be added through updates.

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:29 am

I personally think that he is not trying to get rich quick off of these, and therefore, is not going to overprice it, and is also not going to put it out in the market before it's done. He probably keeps up with the everdrive just as much as you, and he probably knows what his is worth just as much if not BETTER than you (I know, strange to think about right)
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:03 am

I can guarantee you that Marshall knows things about the everdrive64 that krikzz probably hasnt even realized yet. In terms of functionality, compatibility, features and polish the 64Drive is the superior piece of hardware (and software) hands down. for 100$ from krikzz you get a board with no CIC, no flashram, no USB, no case etc. i'd pay over 200$ for Marshalls product before i'd ever pay 100$ for the other one, and that's not just because Marshall is my friend! Saying that the Everdrive 64 is taking away the 64Drives potential market is like saying Hyundai is cutting in on Lamborghinis sales :lol:
I know how much it costs to manufacture these things, so $200 is just a little high I reckon.
i think Marshall knows more about the cost of making this product that you do. IIRC 200$ is just an estimated price, the final cost may be more competitive. You have to keep in mind the 64Drive is a bit more complicated than the everdrive64 and has a higher parts count.

TL;DR Haunted360 needs to stop talking about things that ARENT the 64Drive when posting in the 64Drive thread :wink:

Link83

Post by Link83 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 pm

Great to hear you have FlashRAM working marshallh :D (btw, is N64 'FlashRAM' actually Flash memory? (NAND/NOR) Or is it actually FRAM/FeRAM?)

Do you plan to manufacture 64drive's for years to come? Or is it likely to be a limited run product? I only ask as I imagine it will get quite tiresome populating and testing hundreds of boards, and although I might not be able to afford one straight away I dont want to end up paying a fortunate for one on ebay in a few years time!

sevin0seven
PSN Username:sevin0seven
360 GamerTag:sevin0seven
Steam ID:sevin0seven

Post by sevin0seven » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 pm

all good news! woot! :)

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

@Haunted360

I am sure you think you're being helpful by offering your intel, but in reality you are full of it and need not concern yourself with the business of those certainly more insightful than you. You have provided useless criticism in every post I have read of yours which will be treated as flaming from this point on.

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Link83 wrote:Great to hear you have FlashRAM working marshallh :D (btw, is N64 'FlashRAM' actually Flash memory? (NAND/NOR) Or is it actually FRAM/FeRAM?)

Do you plan to manufacture 64drive's for years to come? Or is it likely to be a limited run product? I only ask as I imagine it will get quite tiresome populating and testing hundreds of boards, and although I might not be able to afford one straight away I dont want to end up paying a fortunate for one on ebay in a few years time!
No. Flash RAM is not FRAM. Google is your friend...

Cojiro

Post by Cojiro » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:25 pm

unfortunately, marshallh can't get to all of our questions...

but luckily he has you here, to tell people to go google it and find out for themselves!

hopefully it doesn't become a limited run, because then some rich guy could buy a bunch of them, and resell them for a fortune. i can only imagine, though, how tiresome it is to make all of these things, and there are so many of us that want them!!! and that's not including how many people will want them once the world knows they exist!

which goes back to what haunted said earlier about him needing to rush and get his product out there before every buys from krikzz, with all the work that will go into making all of these boards, i think he will have more orders than he will even want to think about.
My Mods:
Image Image Image Image