Nintendo 64 broken or just sleeping?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ihakr
Nintendo 64 broken or just sleeping?

Post by ihakr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:29 am

I am attempting my first portable Nintendo 64 mod, I was removing unnecessary components, such as player ports 3 and 4, power switch, and reset switch. Before I removed any of these the Nintendo worked just fine. Now all I get is the red light lights up. I am using the original external power supply (and even tried a spare). I also have tested the game in my other Nintendo 64 the game works just fine. I also have tried the steps in "Troubleshooting your 64" topic.

In simple, did I fry my Nintendo or is it just sleeping?

Any help will be appreciated!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Nintendo 64 broken or just sleeping?

Post by hailrazer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:13 am

The N64 doesn't "sleep", the power supply does. Try another power supply or leave it unplugged for a day or so.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

ihakr

Post by ihakr » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:55 pm

I have tried another power switch, and another PSU from a different nintendo 64. The psu from the 64 that isn't working works just fine on other Nintendo 64's. I find it odd that the red light comes on. From what I've seen if it is fried the Red light does not come on. It is a NUS-CPU-05 (1997) Model.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

The red light will still come on when its fried.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance