battery question

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

guanu...
battery question

Post by guanu... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 am

well its a stupid question...but i dont know whats positive and negative wire on this battery
Attachments
Snapshot_20110105.jpg
Snapshot_20110105.jpg (38.61KiB)Viewed 6195 times

AmmoJammo

Re: battery question

Post by AmmoJammo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:19 am

is this an attempt at humour?

Snipeye

Post by Snipeye » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:53 am

Hey, be nice - he might not know much.

For future reference, black is almost always ground (-) and red is almost always positive, (+). Such is the case with this battery.

guanu...

Post by guanu... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:29 am

hahaha yeah that was pretty funny....but Snipeye is right i dont know anything about modding and that stuff...thanks Snipeye

AmmoJammo

Post by AmmoJammo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:55 pm

if you know so little, you shouldn't be attempting it at all.

guanu...

Post by guanu... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:08 pm

thats the way im going to learn it...lol

AmmoJammo

Post by AmmoJammo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:10 pm

most likely by breaking things in the process though.

ah well, good luck! be sure to ask lots of questions

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:43 pm

AmmoJammo wrote:most likely by breaking things in the process though.

ah well, good luck! be sure to ask lots of questions

I kind of agree with AmmoJammo here...

I'm not going to say don't attempt anything, but I don't think you should jump right into an n64 portable. Snes is a lot easier, and the hardware is a lot less likely to break on you if you screw something up. If you manage to successfully finish a Snes portable, you will have gained most of the knowledge and basic skills you need to start on an N64. Either way, stick around here and MOST IMPORTANTLY, READ ALL OF THE STICKIES.

guanu...

Post by guanu... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 pm

haha thanks guys....and im sure i will ask a lot hehe
well..actually its almost done my n64p..at least i already wired up everything on the n64(control power wires and video/audio wires) and the step down regulator too....i got just a few problems with the battery and soldering on the ps1 screen...anyway can i charge a ni-mh battery on a ni-cd charger?
and i got another question about my battery...its a little bit hard to explain but i will try...i wired everything on the TI pth08000 and then i wired it on my n64..then i wired the battery on the TI pth08000 and i tried to turn it on but the red led didnt turned on so...i tried with the n64power cable and it didnt work too so is there any problem or i cant turn on the n64 with the power cable with the battery wired?

i dont think someone will understand that...sorry im probably one of the youngest here

Snipeye

Post by Snipeye » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:10 pm

guanu... wrote:haha thanks guys....and im sure i will ask a lot hehe
well..actually its almost done my n64p..at least i already wired up everything on the n64(control power wires and video/audio wires) and the step down regulator too....i got just a few problems with the battery and soldering on the ps1 screen...anyway can i charge a ni-mh battery on a ni-cd charger?
No. Don't try it.
guanu... wrote: and i got another question about my battery...its a little bit hard to explain but i will try...i wired everything on the TI pth08000 and then i wired it on my n64..then i wired the battery on the TI pth08000 and i tried to turn it on but the red led didnt turned on so...i tried with the n64power cable and it didnt work too so is there any problem or i cant turn on the n64 with the power cable with the battery wired?
You may have a fried board, or might have wired up the regulator wrong. Try detaching the battery then using the wall supply, if that doesn't work, you might need a new board.

guanu...

Post by guanu... » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:14 pm

oh hell...i was charging the battery ni-mh on the ni-cd charger ...what can happend ??

and uh...i think i didnt fried the board...i fried the wall supply...because i have another n64 here...and i tried to turn it on with the same wall supply...and i didnt work...

edit1:anyway i found a r/c multi-charger here and its for ni-mh batteries
edit2:yay i didnt fried my power supply
edit:im getting scared here haha..because when i pluged the wall supply on the n64 modded it start to make some smoke ....oh yeah im not getting scared anyway

Snipeye

Post by Snipeye » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 am

NiCad batteries have a different chemical composition than NimH, so there are different methods for charging them. I don't know exactly what happens, but it's bad.

Good to hear your board isn't fried, good luck getting everything working.