how do i weld on the ps1 screen

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

guanu...
how do i weld on the ps1 screen

Post by guanu... » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:54 pm

well...the title say everything...how can i weld on the ps1 screen??? so small....

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Re: how do i weld on the ps1 screen

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:55 pm

guanu... wrote:well...the title say everything...how can i weld on the ps1 screen??? so small....

What is this i dont even.

guanu...

Post by guanu... » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:38 pm

on the ps1 screen have a lot of small pins and i have to weld a wire on them right?..so how can i do it??

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm

people really have to start looking, there is a sticky at the top of the page with a very nice diagram of how to wire together a n64p.

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:01 pm

MarioOwnsAll wrote:people really have to start looking, there is a sticky at the top of the page with a very nice diagram of how to wire together a n64p.
Its not that, he thinks he has to weld onto them. >.<
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

Snow_Cat
Steam ID:Snow_Cat

Post by Snow_Cat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:08 pm

"solder weld"

My advice is to tin the wire you are attaching first, then clean the tip of the iron of any excess solder-

then wait a few seconds for the iron tip to heat up again, and preheat both the pin and the wire before putting them together.

Pretinning the wire and cleaning the iron will minimize the solder used, minimizing the risk of bridging pins.

Waiting for the iron to heat up, then preheating (poking with a hot iron momentairly) reduces the risk of burning through things with an iron hot enough to delaminate the traces and melt the plastic chip, but not hot enough to melt the solder.

Using clean tape to hold the wire steady is also okay, provided you do not burn it with the iron.