Question regarding cart slot relocation.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

shingfunger
Question regarding cart slot relocation.

Post by shingfunger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:23 pm

Before starting I tested my n64 and everything worked. I did the cart relocation, and then using a multimeter I verified all the wiring. Now when I turn it on, I've got no video, not even a black screen. I'm assuming that at some point I fried the mobo, but I didn't see anything that would hint towards that. I've still got power and the cpu's are getting warm, so something is going on. I've double checked and no pins are touching or crossed on the cartridge slot.

My question is should I try to de-solder and redo the cart slot, or just scrap the board? Anyone have a similar experience?

Mario

Re: Question regarding cart slot relocation.

Post by Mario » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:54 pm

How long are your wires? A lot of people say they should be no longer than 6 inches.

This is a silly question, but do you have the jumper pack in? :P I've had a lot of scares by forgetting that little detail.

shingfunger

Post by shingfunger » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:52 pm

my wires are about 3 inches, and i did have the jumper pack in. i found some cheap 64s for sale near me so it looks like i'll just be starting over

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:23 pm

There are two pins on the n64 mobo that arent included on the cart slot, it is important that you skip these two pins when you are relocating your cart slot or it won't work.

MarioOwnsAll