Super duper parts list

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

cplexroro
Super duper parts list

Post by cplexroro » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 pm

I was just thinking of something SUPER DUPER Helpful, if we could get a list of EVERY SINGLE ITTY BITTY parts that you could EVER need to make an n64p, that would be insanely Helpful! Not only to others, but myself as well.

MarioOwnsAll

Re: Super duper parts list

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:50 pm

Well that would be an extreamly long list and I'm sure that it's available somewhere but I'll get the ball rolling with some basics.

1. Some sort of screen (psone screen is most popular because it comes with speakers)
2. A controller (third party if you want to switch out the analog for something that won't break in a week)
3. A Nintendo 64
4. Lots of wire (for relocating the cart slot, expansion pack, etc.)
5. A case (polycase.com has some really nice ones)
6. A regulator to drop the voltage to 3.3v (the pth08080waz or the pth08000waz from TexusInstruments.com)
7. A 2.2k resistor and a 100uf capacitor for the regulator (resistor may vary in value depending on what chip you got)
8. A 7.4v battery pack/charger (BatterySpace.com works just fine for this, you want at the very least 4000mah)
9. Radio Shack buttons (these work great for replacing the triggers your controller came with)
10. 3mm LEDs (if you decide to mod your psone screen)

Thats about all you need for a basic nuts and bolts portable.

MarioOwnsAll

cplexroro

Re: Super duper parts list

Post by cplexroro » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:49 pm

well i must say, this thread worked out just like i had hoped for it to! :x
lol thanks anyway mario ... :P