N64 case modifications

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Nintendonut
N64 case modifications

Post by Nintendonut » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 am

Hi all,

Ive recently added LED's to my N64 to come out from vents. I have also custom sprayed the casing and illuminated the logo on the front. It looks good, and I really like it. But I want to do something else to it, make it that little bit more "special".

Some one suggested overclocking it, but to be honest I don't think this is something I want done to my N64. So until I can think of something else to do to it, I want to work on the case a little bit more.

Has anyone got any cool ideas for re-modelling the case (not just painting)? Something quirky, if only my imagination was a little better lol.

Thanks in advance! :D

MarioOwnsAll

Re: N64 case modifications

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:21 pm

You could try the NES mod (just taking an n64 and puting it in an NES case). Although this might not be what you want to do because then all the current work you've done on you case would be all for not. Maybe adding in s-video (you can buy a special cord with an s-video end to it but if you really want to be creative you could open the case, cut a hole and add in the s-video port yourself).

MarioOwnsAll

Nintendonut

Post by Nintendonut » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:14 pm

Thanks for that! I have been thinking about S-video and I think its something I am going to do. I also like the idea of the NES case, but I really want to craft something "different" my self. Thanks again though, I appreciate the input :D

Nintendonut

Post by Nintendonut » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:18 am

Anyone else got any ideas....I'm really stumped, I just don't know what to do to the case...

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:24 am

can you post a pic of what you've done so far?
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nintendonut

Post by Nintendonut » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:17 pm

Unfortunately right now I cant I have miss placed my camera cable. I have painted the top section White, and added blue vent lighting and illuminated the logo with a blue light. I have left the bottom section the original grey/ black colour.

mr_bigmouth_502

Post by mr_bigmouth_502 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:00 pm

Even though you mentioned that you might not want to try it, I actually would suggest overclocking your N64, especially if you use it for Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. Granted, I don't really know how to overclock an N64, but I've seen videos of it on Youtube, and from what I've seen, it does make a noticeable difference. :) Keep in mind, you might also want to put in some bigger heatsinks to keep it from overheating, and some switches to put it back to normal speed.

Nintendonut

Post by Nintendonut » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:35 am

Overclocking is something that is still on my mind lol, Im still in two minds about it though because really im a Zelda fan...and I have to be honest Ocarina of time is the only game I play on there right now, until I get hold of Majora's Mask.

But I can see the appeal of overclocking...lol, the choice.

Thanks! :D