FINALLY! SD reader for dreamcast

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Acronell
Re: FINALLY! SD reader for dreamcast

Post by Acronell » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:15 am

SO I finally got the modded Dreamcast w/developement system bios, SD card reader built in, and direct video/audio output, VGA output, and S-Video output, as well as a headphone jack.

It arrived in the mail today.

Sadly, pics are not even worth putting up. The ones shown on the site far outrank what I actually received, and I am rather upset about that.

I opened the package, and all there was, was the system alone, wrapped in a ridiculous amount of bubble wrap and styrowrap.

There was no controller, there was no AC adapter. I at least expected an AC Adapter to come with it considering the guy pretty much majors in selling these things, not to mention all the DC Portables they make.

The Dreamcast itself was ridiculously dirty, it obviously came from a smoker's house, it has the perma-yellow tint to it. There were scratches all over the system, and indents from where it had obviously been dropped.

The now empty ports only have a loose plastic piece of plastic covering them, and it moves around, so you can see wires exposed. The Modem was completey removed, and the Modem cover now houses the S-Video and headphone jacks. If you pop it off, like if you were trying to remove the modem, the wires to those jacks are completely exposed. The SD Card Reader looks alright though, as well as the new jacks that were added, seeing as they are brand new parts.

Over all, I am not happy. I spent 150.00$ to get this, and I can't even test it, let alone play it out of the box like I wanted.

It leaves much to be desired.

If someone would be ever so helpful as to send me a US AC Adapter and a controller, I would be ever so grateful. And I would be able to actually test it to see if it even powers on, and if so, if it runs well enough with the built in SD card reader, and Development System Bios.
~_+_~WhEn ThE sUn FoUnD tHe MoOn, ShE wAs DrInKiNg TeA iN a GaRdEn, UnDeR tHe GrEeN uMbReLlA tReEs In ThE mIdDlE oF sUmMeR~_+_~

~+~Doki Doki Tari Desu-Ruby Tuts/Ideas
~+~SeeTheMasterPlay on deviantART - My deviantART