How do you guys make the N64 so small?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Hrduncan
Portablizer
Re: How do you guys make the N64 so small?

Post by Hrduncan » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 pm

pth08080w and have you joined bacterias forum yet there real nice and have a lot of good members helped me a lot when i was starting out..... but benheck is totally cool too. i guess.
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:46 pm

Hrduncan wrote:pth08080w and have you joined bacterias forum yet there real nice and have a lot of good members helped me a lot when i was starting out..... but benheck is totally cool too. i guess.

Thanks, but I still cant find it anywhere on the site. Iv literally been looking through the site for about an hour now and cant find it.
Is it possible they removed it? the closest thing I could find was this http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/p ... 8080w.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

but thats not it, and wont work with the n64. Can someone give me a direct link to it? You guys might not be able to find it either.

And yeah I did join Bacs forums. haha. Iv actually joined about a week ago, but still havent made a single post, I didnt even upload a ava/sig yet. Iv just been browsing through the forums and watching bacterias video logs (very informative) and looking through other peoples projects, I saw yours
Hrduncan, very nice btw.

Im the same person on his forums to, coolprize.

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:29 pm

bacteria has his nice illustrations for how to hook them up somewhere on his site (his wordpress site). If you can't find them, just post there, and he'll probably point you in the right direction.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

lucidPerspective

Post by lucidPerspective » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Lol.. so your looking for a PT08080 right.. an on that link you posted saying it was the wrong one it says PTH08080 :mrgreen: ...that's the right thing :P

scroll down that page a bit and you'll see PTH08080WAH and then beside it it will say add free sample to cart.. and you have your prize

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:25 pm

lucidPerspective wrote:Lol.. so your looking for a PT08080 right.. an on that link you posted saying it was the wrong one it says PTH08080 :mrgreen: ...that's the right thing :P

scroll down that page a bit and you'll see PTH08080WAH and then beside it it will say add free sample to cart.. and you have your prize
Oh, you're right lol I was thinking that he was looking for bacteria's wiring diagram.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:09 pm

lucidPerspective wrote:Lol.. so your looking for a PT08080 right.. an on that link you posted saying it was the wrong one it says PTH08080 :mrgreen: ...that's the right thing :P

haha thanks that clears things up more for me, I was confused because there was different ones. Got it in my cart, but what do they mean by "*select your end equipment" ?
honestly im a noob when it comes to this stuff. not sure whats its really asking for. I typed netbook, but not sure so just took it back down.

Also theres free shipping on these free samples right?

Edit: im guessing it really doesnt matter what you type in for the end equipment section, right?

lucidPerspective

Post by lucidPerspective » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 am

Yup doesn't really matter, It just has to be in there list. there's a handheld multimedia option or something along those lines which means you wouldn't be entirely lying :P

basically that is just what you'll be using the part for, and letting them know.

Hrduncan
Portablizer

Post by Hrduncan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:41 pm

yah just order the free sample and there is free shipping too! i love ti there awesome! you should post your worklog on the moddedbybacteria forums bacteria is super helpful.

oh and thanks about n64 MEANS a lot!
check out my blog!

http://hrduncan.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Awsome and free shipping? now thats epic! Ill order it soon, the TI website is giving me issues now. Hmm but now I will have

The N64
Regulator from TI
controller
Much better knowledge of what Im doing after researching for a while.

Im missing Batterys
Screen
Case
Hmm am I missing anything else?

Not to worried about the Case though, I already have an idea of how the design will be like, and im working on my own vacuum forming machine.

oh and I found Bacterias full wiring diagram that nevermind was talking about, now that is very useful, Im going to print a large copy of that and hang it on my wall, haha.

Thanks guys for the help you all provided me with.

Hrduncun Im definitely going to be posting a worklog when I start it, both on here and bacterias forums. I know ill be running into some problems. haha.

Anyway as for when Im going to actually start this project, not in a while, actually not for a couple months. maybe even more, Im working on something else and its going to take a while. when I finish that I will start my N64p for sure. Sometimes it will seem like im not even active on here, like I just left and abandoned the project, I might not make a post for months, but I will finish it, As of today Saturday October 2nd 2010, Im making a promise, I will finish this eventually. In the mean time, I will still be doing researches and such.

Eman290
360 GamerTag:Eman290

Post by Eman290 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:57 pm

one of the best and most widely used screens is the Sony PSOne LCD Screen. It has a nice sized screen for the portables and it has built-in speakers and an analog input. Really easy to take apart, not to difficult to sodder. Has nice easy to use contrast buttons and volume buttons. cheap too.
Im not easily distracted Im just-LOOK A SQUIRREL!

Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun, dont stare at it, take quick glances and get a get a good feel for it or else ya might end up in pain

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:42 am

Eman290 wrote:one of the best and most widely used screens is the Sony PSOne LCD Screen. It has a nice sized screen for the portables and it has built-in speakers and an analog input. Really easy to take apart, not to difficult to sodder. Has nice easy to use contrast buttons and volume buttons. cheap too.
yep thats the screen I plan on using, Iv heard, its very popular for portablizing.

I finally placed my order for the regulator.

awsome sig by the way, and I loled at the cleavage thing.

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 pm

so I got the PTH8080 in the mail yesterday and im kinda confused now, It looks nothing like it does in the worklogs iv been seeing. Are you guys sure I had the right one?

the one I got in the mail is this tiny tiny chip thing, but it doesnt look

like this at all

It doesnt even have that black capacitor thing attached to it.

it didnt even come with one, unless I get that separate myself?

edit: lucid you told me to get the PTH08080WAH

but I think I was suppose to order the PTH08080WAS?

bassmasta
Steam ID:randomguy737

Post by bassmasta » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:44 pm

No, you need to buy the parts seperately. nevermind has them.
zeturi wrote:If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

coolprize

Post by coolprize » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 pm

bassmasta wrote:No, you need to buy the parts seperately. nevermind has them.
oh, but whys the one in the picture say

PTH08080WAS?

I have the PTH08080WAH

is there a difference?

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:12 pm

not that you need to worry about, it doesnt change the pinout.
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]