A not so simple Dreamcast case mod.

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Milenko
A not so simple Dreamcast case mod.

Post by Milenko » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi there, I'm new to the forums but I've been following for a while. I know the majority of people like to make portables here.. But I like to do case mods or "homages" or just weird mods... Heres where you guys come into play. I need some pointers for a mod I'm doing. I have a fried Sega Genesis (original "mega drive" style) its missing some components and the board is severly damaged.. Now.. I have a Dreamcast. Perfect working order, busted case. The idea here is to put the dreamcast in the genesis case. Any pointers on slimming down or relocating components?

NateN34
Steam ID:NateN34

Re: A not so simple Dreamcast case mod.

Post by NateN34 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Well, first of all, I would NOT recommend slimming it down at all. These motherboards are 4 layer boards, and you may think you can just grind off the grounding, but then that is when you run into problems. You may be able to reloacated some things, like the GD-Rom drive,PSU, etc, but that is pretty much it. The Dreamcast is pretty compact the way it is...........anyway, let us know what happens.
overlordlink wrote:alright well i was kinda deabating whether or not to finish my SnesP, Or to slightly romance something that existed to met my needs but it appears as if im gonna stick with the SnesP. At least for now lol

kylerock96
PSN Username:xXminiman159Xx
360 GamerTag:xXkylerockXx

Post by kylerock96 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 pm

You could buy a pico PSU to make it a little smaller, and run the disk lid to the to of the genesis where it is round, and wire up the headphone jack. Plus, wire the reset to the reset button, and there you go!
I will take commissions on anything!!!!*

that is, anything but arcade systems...

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:37 am

sounds cool.. id like to see it done
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamax92

Post by gamax92 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:58 pm

Which One?

hellfire

Post by hellfire » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:51 pm

he said original megadrive style.. so id say the bottom one
http://mylittlegamer.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;