GameBoy64 ~ Worklog

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

zenloc
GameBoy64 ~ Worklog

Post by zenloc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 am

Alright finally some progress on the case. I decided not to internalize the neomyth as the sdflash cart was giving problems having soldered connections.

Decided a while back to put everything in a gameboy case but the cartridge and expansion port were always things that were going to stick out. Now i've molded them into the dmg case and it's look sweet.

Check out this link for the foto album http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... 9059839d38" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More progres to come!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by zenloc on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Interested in more of my projects?? Check my facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001843721188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or email me at loctronics@gmail.com with your request.

Diminuendo

Re: New n64 project opinion needed!!

Post by Diminuendo » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:37 am

I think a better option would be to have the memory card slot stick out the top and the cartrage slot face down. that way you can stick in a rumble or trancefur pack and still be able to set down the n64p on its bottom

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 am

Hmmm don't like the idea of having the gamecart upside down. The thing is though with the memorycard sticking out like most portables is that when you connet a rumble pack this hugh thing is sticking out. It's really ugly.

So far I believe the gamecart not sticking out and the memorycard sticking out the back would be the best option. If anybody has others idea's let me know.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001843721188" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lucidPerspective

Post by lucidPerspective » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:17 am

I like the sound of what your planning!

For the first question, I think you should use LiPo batteries, but have them take up the same amount of space as the cylindrical cells would have. the longer you can play the portable for the better in my opinion. Also, the size of the portable would be comfortable to hold if it's the thickness of an N64 + cartridge. you don't want to make it so thin that it's uncomfortable, but then again you don't want to make it uncomfortably big either.

For the second question, having the memcard/rumble slot stick out the back would be better weighted when using the rumble or transfer pak, and also the rumble would feel more real with it sticking out the back. But personally I don't think it would look as good as having it slot upwards from the bottom.. ..so I guess if your going for the best functionality you should have it sticking out the back, but if your wanting these things to look the best the can stick it on the bottom.

It's also worth keeping in mind how often you use each accessory. like.. transfer pack = pokemon stadium.. rumble pack = never.. memory card = holy magic century. that's my experience of using the controller accessories. I think there are more games you would use the memory card for than the rumble or transfer paks. So it might be worth going with aesthetics and putting the memory card on the bottom sliding up. and then if you ever NEED the rumble or transfer pak they still work.

Those are my thoughts on this, hope they help lol :mrgreen:

mako321

Post by mako321 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Why a 5" screen?

5" Screen

Small

Pick one. I say to have a flush cart slot, it might look nicer. For a small enough N64p, you could use a 3.5".

limpport

Post by limpport » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:53 pm

A vertical portable with a 3.5" screen, where the cartridge goes in the side, and sits flush with the rest of the portable?

But I know you're making it with a 5" screen. I think you should still try a vertical portable. Keep the cart slot flush with the portable, and have the memory card port sticking out backwards, so it can dock on the bottom.

mako321

Post by mako321 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:56 pm

I've always wanted to see a n64p with the exp slot from the controller slightly inward compared to the case, so the end of the slot would be at the same level as the case but not sticking out.

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:54 am

Design has been chosen and will be making this one for myself. Will keep you updated on any new developments :wink:

zenloc

Re: New n64 project! Aiming for the smallest possible!!!

Post by zenloc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Sadly not much progress :( I'm a bit busy with new commissions. hehehe too much cases for my workspace to handle...

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 am

where do you get the molds for all your cases and where do you get the plastic sheets that you heat up to make the cases?

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:33 am

I make the molds myself. The're made out of mdf. As for the plastic. I have a supplier here in holland that has allot of different plastics available. So can get all the plastic I need ;-)

MarioOwnsAll

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:33 pm

I need to build a mold that looks like a n64 cart (minus the curve at the top)

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Post by blaze3927 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:05 am

interested in the dual psp analogs,
for the c buttons stick are you gonna buy/make a razor a2d board?
and if you get a controlle that works (well) with the psp analog i'd be interested in the model :3
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Post by Haunted360 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:18 am

You make quite good portables...

Cases seem excellent!

zenloc

Post by zenloc » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:33 pm

Decided not to use dual analog sticks. I tested it with a couple of games and it isn't very practical at all. In fact it's very annyoing to get used to. So I'm gonna stick with one psp analog stick and just use regular buttons. Also will not add a cartridge slot but have the neomyth64 cart + neo sd built-in.

That way I can have all my n64 games on the go on my sd card!!