Im very sorry to be asking so many questions im learning....

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

JLiddell97
Im very sorry to be asking so many questions im learning....

Post by JLiddell97 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm considering on buying a PS1 *NOT PSone* and want to know a few things.

My PSone at the moment can play burned games. What part of the hardware reads the disk? I'm 13 so give me some help!

If I replace the disk drive with the new PS1 will it read the burned games? (The one that I have atm can play burned. It hasn't been modded before, but it still plays burned games..)
EDIT: Sorry, wrong section, I believe it's in General Programming or Questions, sorry.

Proof it hasn't been modded.

blaze3927
Portablizer
360 GamerTag:notjames

Re: Im very sorry to be asking so many questions im learning....

Post by blaze3927 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:49 am

im guessing that if it can read burned games it has been modded, unless your doing the swap disc trick.

swapping the cd drive over will not change that ability, as the mod is to a lockout chip or something
Australian Kaillera server
[url]hhttp://i56.tinypic.com/ncb0wi.gif[/url]

Haunted360
PSN Username:Haunted360
360 GamerTag:Haunted 360

Re: Im very sorry to be asking so many questions im learning....

Post by Haunted360 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:46 am

The PS1, has multiple chips.

However, there is one IC that reads Proprietary Sony Code. It is a four-character sequence, which is checked by the CD-ROM drive's controller chip. But because you have a Modchip (And yes. You console is MODDED as I can see that you have many wires connected to the Modchip), that 'Modchip' is telling the CD-ROM's driver chip to skip the Sony Character Sequence - and so, it can boot any game, copied / non-copied within any region (PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J and so on. Though, this depends on the chip you have)

And yes. You can swap the CD-ROM (1x and 2x Speed) drive over with the SAME drive from another. This is because the MoBo (Main / Motherboard) does the 'thinking' if you want.

Thanks, and I hope that solved you problem.