Pictures of a snes mini's mobo

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

budnespid
Pictures of a snes mini's mobo

Post by budnespid » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:41 am

I need some large nice quality pictures of a snes mini's mobo. I would really appreciate it if somebody would do this for me. I would do it myself, but mine is such a mess the pictures would be useless.

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Re: Pictures of a snes mini's mobo

Post by com64 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:06 pm

No problem, just wait a minute and I will get out my digital camera... I have my snes mini opened up anyway.

EDIT:

Here is a whopping 110MB ZIP file with all the pictures:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a04onmqd4 ... 0CASIO.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a sample of one scaled down by about a third:
Finally: the surface!

Allen

Post by Allen » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:49 pm

Hate to thraead jack a little...

The Power swich... Is there some place sells them or a way to by pass it. The NES-101 use the same swich and mine has gone bad, All trys to by pass it make the NES lock up after first screen load.

com64
PSN Username:Megami64
Steam ID:munchluxe63

Post by com64 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:59 pm

Allen wrote:Hate to thraead jack a little...

The Power swich... Is there some place sells them or a way to by pass it. The NES-101 use the same swich and mine has gone bad, All trys to by pass it make the NES lock up after first screen load.
The power switch? let me take a closer look at it... Okay, it is just a basic on/off switch, so virtually any switch would work. You don't have to get the exact one. You can try to find one that fits. Try to find an electronics store near you. You can check the yellow pages or something.

If you can't find an electronics store or repair shop where you live, then try finding one online. There are online retailers. Wait just a minute, I'll try to find one for you ;) I'll assume you live in either the US or Canada.

EDIT:

Try digikey.com. I suggest you take a look inside your SNES and take a look at your power switch to see what it looks like... or find a picture of the insides of your SNES. Same type of switch, but I believe one version of the original SNES had it mounted on screws while the other didn't.

-OR-
If you don't want to go out and find a part, you can bridge two pins on the power switch, which would make your SNES permanently on. You would have to unplug it to turn it off.

All you have to do is either tie a wire between the two pins on the bottom of the power switch, or solder them together. Before you do that, though, you should make sure that the switch is properly connected to the motherboard. If it isn't, then fix the connection and your problem is solved.
Finally: the surface!

Allen

Post by Allen » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:59 pm

com64 wrote:
All you have to do is either tie a wire between the two pins on the bottom of the power switch, or solder them together.
This is what I did, this is a NES-101. So when I start SMB-3 Mario and Luigi to there jumping thing than lock up. If I unplug and replug it in I get blue screen. I thought it may be some to do with how I by passed the swich and since I know the NES mini and the SNES mini have the same power switch I thread jack a little to see if it was my swich by pass but it now it don't look that way... :cry:

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:56 pm

all that the switch does, is it bridges the connection; it does nothing more than that.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"