Paint and add LEDs to N64?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ethan_23
Paint and add LEDs to N64?

Post by ethan_23 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:18 am

Hi, I'm new here buut have seen loads of your works over the net! I'm not really confident enough to try and make a portable machine but I really want to add LEDs and re-paint my N64. I have seen this and want to replicate it:
http://www.meotoo.com/ourtube-showvideo ... _pz0u.html,
however I dont really know how to do it. I saw that he used car paint to get the shiny surface but could anyone give me a really good walkthrough so I could solder the LEDs etc? I have a GCSE and A Level in Electronics so I sort of know what I'm doing when it comes to soldering etc but just need a guide.
Thanks if anyone can help :)

Heres a picture:

mako321

Re: Paint and add LEDs to N64?

Post by mako321 » Sat May 08, 2010 3:04 pm

Replace the front LED, use a led resistance calculator to figure out what resistance you need for the other LED's at 5v, wire to the 5v pin of the 7805 regulator on the n64?

Zeturi
PSN Username:Zeturi_

Post by Zeturi » Sat May 08, 2010 4:33 pm

Or you could just wire the leds from the 3.3v power source on one of the controller ports. No regulator required. I would suggest using player 4. Also, Krylon Fusion is your friend for painting plastic.
If you're getting 404'd when trying to use the links in stickies, try this tutorial to find that juicy info.

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by thewise1 » Sat May 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Get the power from the 3.3v line from the power supply and use a resistor. And use krylon fusion for painting.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

technoman

Post by technoman » Sat May 08, 2010 8:23 pm

use the 3.3 line on the mobo and then for paint krylon fusion with a glossy clear coat :D

( i need to stop looking so close to picture's :facepalm: )
never leave you're soldering iron on while cleaning you're room (believe me it hurts)

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm

If you want a few resistors quick, I can sell them to you.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

Basement_Modder
Portablizer

Post by Basement_Modder » Sun May 09, 2010 4:24 pm

Raizer04 wrote:
technoman wrote:use the 3.3 line on the mobo and then for paint krylon fusion with a glossy clear coat :D

Clear coat like Technoman said....it gives it that fresh outta the box...wet look that makes ppl drool like their eating chicken and watermelon on a saturday after going to the mall to get some jordans....
Okay...
Cheers,
Basement_Modder

technoman

Post by technoman » Mon May 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Raizer04 wrote:
technoman wrote:use the 3.3 line on the mobo and then for paint krylon fusion with a glossy clear coat :D

Clear coat like Technoman said....it gives it that fresh outta the box...wet look that makes ppl drool like their eating chicken and watermelon on a saturday after going to the mall to get some jordans....

lol nice one
never leave you're soldering iron on while cleaning you're room (believe me it hurts)