JT-64 portable (Talakoski's Portable)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Talakoski
JT-64 portable (Talakoski's Portable)

Post by Talakoski » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

Ok I am starting a new N64 Portable which is going to be called the JT-64.
I am going to use:

ZN-45 case
Hori Pad/Mako Pad
Tact Switches
PS1/Zenith Screen
2 Lithium Polymer batteries (I am pretty sure each is 3.7v) So I should get 7.4v
1 Smart Charger (1.2A) for 7.4V Li-ion/Polymer Rechargeable Battery Pack -- UL listed
PCB for 7.4V Li-Ion Battery Pack (8A +/-1A Limit) (Not quite sure what this does yet?)
Headphone Jack
N64
Miscellaneous Buttons (For power)
Relocated Cartridge
Expansion Pack
Rumble/Memory Pack

Thats about it, let me know if I missed something or if I should add something! Anyways I am going to try my best. First of all here are the plans and I will get started opening the N64 soon.

* Also Will the screen be able to fit inside and fit with all the buttons? Some people mount on the outside because they say it doesn't fit... :?
Attachments
Jt Portable 64.jpg
Some things will be added later. Let me know if I should add anything! Thanks
Jt Portable 64.jpg (26.81KiB)Viewed 3640 times
Last edited by Talakoski on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: JT-64 portable (Talakoski's Portable)

Post by hailrazer » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:25 pm

Yes the screen will fit on the inside with all the buttons in a Zn-45 case.

Batteries :
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=34576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Talakoski

Post by Talakoski » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Ok thanks I am going to open up the N64 and cut off those things. What do you suggest I do after that? :roll:

Talakoski

Post by Talakoski » Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:36 am

Talakoski wrote:Ok thanks I am going to open up the N64 and cut off those things. What do you suggest I do after that? :roll:
Ok I am going to Radio Shack today and I was wondering what I should buy. Ok I know I need Tact Switches but is there a certain size I will need. I am pretty sure you can't get the batteries there or the charger so I will look for a head phone jack thing, what would this be called and last thing for a ON/OFF switch I wanted to use one of those two way switches that you switch from side to side to side would that work for the power of everything? Thanks hope I can get some help... :?

nobble

Post by nobble » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:54 am

Just to make everythin look nice I fill in the dips on the ends of the front of the case with wood filler. Then I sand it level with the rest of it. That way when you put the buttons in they won't be uneven. And it looks better imo. Also you need a dpdt switch at radioahack. Just ask for one. They know what they are.

metrolf
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:rasmooos

Post by metrolf » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:28 am

Wouldn't it be better if you put L on the left side (under/over Z) and R on the right side? :)
thewise1 wrote:
nobble wrote:
thewise1 wrote:Super long, but incredibly epic.
YESSSSSS!!!
Oh my gosh! What have I done?

Talakoski

Post by Talakoski » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:58 pm

metrolf wrote:Wouldn't it be better if you put L on the left side (under/over Z) and R on the right side? :)
Thanks for the help I will get on with buying the stuff but I am putting the L on the back because there is not much use for it. Also what do I do for a headphone and power jack? And is there a certain size you need for the TACT switches?