Cutting into the pcb traces on GC analog stick...

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Mtrapp
Cutting into the pcb traces on GC analog stick...

Post by Mtrapp » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:07 pm

Sorry for bugging you again with stupid noob questions... I don't know what else to do because I haven't found a guide online with pictures and every little detail for dummies like me. I'm doing the GC analog stick (c stick) mod on my Super Pad 64, the big model (by perforamce). I wired it up and was told I need to cut the traces on the GC pcb. I am using an original gamecube c-stick in mine, with the white board.

I can see very faint traces on the bottom of the analog board, but not right next to the pins... I'm not really sure where to cut (and do I cut on that bottom side, or on the white side?).

And what exactly is the reason for cutting into the traces of the pcb? Is it so that the board doesn't send the wiring information through the traces that would normally go from the board to the 4 wires on the tab that connected the c-stick board to the main GC controller board?

Again sorry for the noob questions... I have searched online and haven't found any other forums or information as good as on here. Thanks for the help in advance, and to those who have answered questions for me in the past.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: Cutting into the pcb traces on GC analog stick...

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:54 pm

It's really easier to de-solder the analog stick and put it on perf board Then you don't need to cut anything. And you can cut the perf board to fit perfectly where you need it to fit.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance