need help!!

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

superthorn96
need help!!

Post by superthorn96 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:33 pm

hello i was told i was posting to many posts so i'll try to give all of my question right now

ok i bought this battery

http://www.amazon.com/AGAIN-HR72-KIT-Ni ... B00006JP8J" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

( i think its the wrong kind cuz its made for RC cars ) so is it wrong? or can it be used to power my n64

and if it is wrong can someone please give me a direct link to the best battery!!!!

Also,

i was told i needed to run 2 wires from the battery one that goes to the texas instrument pth08080waz
and the other goes to the n64 how do i run 2 wires from the battery :evil:

Also, where can i find the correct 100uf electrolytic capacitor (please give link to it)

Also, can i use a 2.2k ohm resistor

thank you for reading i thank you in advance

thewise1
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: need help!!

Post by thewise1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:43 pm

Yup, that will work, however you might want to buy a second one because 1700mAh isn't much for an n64. You may only get around 1 1/2 hours.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

nachoz12341

Post by nachoz12341 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:00 pm

most small parts can be found at radioshack not as cheap as online but its better to buy in person
second it seems as if you can just open up the battery pack and solder wires onto the batteries themselves
and wise is right you wont get almost any play time with only one of those batteries so if you want to play for more than an hour double up on the batteries
or get new ones :wink:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:35 pm

NiCd are poo, they have the memory effect that lowers their capacity if you don't fully discharge them before charging them. Avoid them at all costs. NiMH are much better, I got a 3300mAh 7.2v pack from radioshack several years ago for $25 (no charger, though).
Leave the battery in one piece, and just solder onto the wires. They use the same wires for charging and powering stuff, why else would it only have 2 wires. :wink: