what is PCB

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
superthorn96
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:14 pm

what is PCB

Post by superthorn96 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:06 pm

i was told i should make sure my batteries have pcb

"make sure your batteries have the pcb before you do anything"

what is that

nevermind1534
Senior Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm
Steam ID: nevermind1534
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: what is PCB

Post by nevermind1534 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:08 pm

printed circuit board. Probably referencing the charging/protection circuit that is required for lithium batteries.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

User avatar
nachoz12341
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: what is PCB

Post by nachoz12341 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:09 pm

they are so your batteries are protected from over charge and under charge

User avatar
ToastBucket
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Re: what is PCB

Post by ToastBucket » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:15 pm

nachoz12341 wrote:they are so your batteries are protected from over charge and under charge
/discharge
This place is fun.

Image

ToastTech Forums: Built with love.

User avatar
nachoz12341
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: what is PCB

Post by nachoz12341 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 pm

whoops sorry :oops:
its retarded but this is my 50th post yay :P

User avatar
hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Georgia Sweet Georgia

Re: what is PCB

Post by hailrazer » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:47 am

Fail.....

LOL

In this case it stands for protection circuit board. It's the protection circuit for the battery.

Thanks for playing though and enjoy the following parting gift......

:facepalm:
My Portable Systems:
Image
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

MarioOwnsAll
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:49 am

Re: what is PCB

Post by MarioOwnsAll » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:13 pm

hailrazer wrote:Fail.....

LOL

In this case it stands for protection circuit board. It's the protection circuit for the battery.

Thanks for playing though and enjoy the following parting gift......

:facepalm:
LOL, yea in this case it stands for protection circuit board. I always get my batteries from batteryspace.com and if your looking for a battery for your n64p I recommend this one because it has a built in pcb and has a lot of amperage.

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... witch.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

User avatar
hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Georgia Sweet Georgia

Re: what is PCB

Post by hailrazer » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:53 am

Joneswilliamsc wrote:In general Printed Circuit Board is a thin board. That is made of fiberglass or a similar material. Electrical wires are printed onto the board. Some examples of PCBs include motherboards and RAM chips.

Wrong again.

These Spam Bots just can't get it right apparently.

:facepalm:
My Portable Systems:
Image
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

nevermind1534
Senior Member
Posts: 1977
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm
Steam ID: nevermind1534
Location: Detroit, MI
Contact:

Re: what is PCB

Post by nevermind1534 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

hailrazer wrote:
Joneswilliamsc wrote:In general Printed Circuit Board is a thin board. That is made of fiberglass or a similar material. Electrical wires are printed onto the board. Some examples of PCBs include motherboards and RAM chips.

Wrong again.

These Spam Bots just can't get it right apparently.

:facepalm:
Kinda somewhat true, but not quite.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

User avatar
nachoz12341
Posts: 124
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Re: what is PCB

Post by nachoz12341 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:37 pm

does it matter that guy left this forum cause he was not good at understanding what it ment that you cant do this or that its just impossible so lets stop bumping an old real old thread

User avatar
Basement_Modder
Portablizer
Posts: 962
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:16 am
Location: Next door to my neighbor
Contact:

Re: what is PCB

Post by Basement_Modder » Wed May 05, 2010 3:35 pm

nachoz12341 wrote:does it matter that guy left this forum cause he was not good at understanding what it ment that you cant do this or that its just impossible so lets stop bumping an old real old thread
You fail.

He was a BOT.

Not a guy.
Cheers,
Basement_Modder
_________________

User avatar
hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Georgia Sweet Georgia

Re: what is PCB

Post by hailrazer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Yea I've said that few times already. :lol:
My Portable Systems:
Image
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Post Reply