The Nitro 64 (geno whirl's N64 portable worklog)

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

nachoz12341
Re: The Nitro 64 (geno whirl's N64 portable worklog)

Post by nachoz12341 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:08 pm

limpport wrote:
geno whirl wrote:Why thank you. Also, I just lost the game. Thanks :wtf:
He's a copycat :lol:
take this *points to spoiler*

nachoz12341

Post by nachoz12341 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:56 pm

hey geno howd you open the battery i cant find a way to

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Sat May 01, 2010 8:50 am

I didn't open the battery. I can't find a way in either. I am a little tempted to bust the baby open with my dremel, but kind of afraid I will destroy the battery. I think I might just end up getting new batteries
argelfraster wrote:
Designer noob wrote:umm, well that sucks. I was going to buy one for my next portable (After, my WIV) and then franklin case it.
:facepalm:
Frankencase.

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Sat May 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Hmmm, possible battery choice, yes?

BATTERY!
CHARGER!

Since they already have pcbs, all I would really have to do would be to wire them up in parallel, right?
argelfraster wrote:
Designer noob wrote:umm, well that sucks. I was going to buy one for my next portable (After, my WIV) and then franklin case it.
Frankencase.

limpport

Post by limpport » Sun May 02, 2010 12:51 am

geno whirl wrote:Hmmm, possible battery choice, yes?

BATTERY!
CHARGER!

Since they already have pcbs, all I would really have to do would be to wire them up in parallel, right?
Correct. However, you would be far better off with two of these:
http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpo ... arate.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And one of these:
http://www.batteryspace.com/pcbfor74vli ... limit.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can just wire it up yourself, and the charger you posted will work fine. The capacity will be only 300mAh less, but you'll save about $25. It will also be much smaller. 85mm x 62mm x 14mm compared to 98mm x 52mm x 36mm.

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Sun May 02, 2010 9:00 am

:facepalm: I guess I should have looked a little more. Thanks for those though. If there is one thing I like, it's saving money! :mrgreen:

They charge $25 per box because it's hazardous material?! They had better put both batteries in the same box
argelfraster wrote:
Frankencase.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sun May 02, 2010 8:48 pm

geno whirl wrote::facepalm: I guess I should have looked a little more. Thanks for those though. If there is one thing I like, it's saving money! :mrgreen:

They charge $25 per box because it's hazardous material?! They had better put both batteries in the same box
Just don't pay the $25 , they never charge me for it.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

Jidan

Post by Jidan » Sun May 02, 2010 9:52 pm

geno whirl wrote::facepalm: I guess I should have looked a little more. Thanks for those though. If there is one thing I like, it's saving money! :mrgreen:

It's apparently just a "suggested" option. I can never figure out how to enable it even if I wanted to...but like hail said, you don't get charged for it unless you somehow choose to.

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Mon May 03, 2010 5:29 am

Ha! suggested. No thanks, no thanks. Well I will get right to ordering these. I'm not entirely sure I have enough money though. Dreading working on my case
argelfraster wrote:
Frankencase.

nobble

Post by nobble » Mon May 03, 2010 7:17 am

Did you buy your batteries yet? i found some cheap batteries with higher capacity that may be a new standard.

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... arate.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Mon May 03, 2010 7:49 am

nobble wrote:Did you buy your batteries yet? i found some cheap batteries with higher capacity that may be a new standard.

http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i ... arate.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Those are HUGE. Won't fit in most portables.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon May 03, 2010 2:13 pm

nobble wrote:Did you buy your batteries yet? i found some cheap batteries with higher capacity that may be a new standard.

278.25 mAh per dollar with those batteries compared to 293.75 mAh per dollar with the standard $16 4700 mAh batteries that are most commonly used (http://www.batteryspace.com/highpowerpo ... arate.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Wed May 05, 2010 7:02 pm

Well, today I successfully wired up AV out and headphones. I used the plugs from the small board that came with the PS1 screen. At first I couldn't get the headphones to work, but then I bridged pins 5,6, and 7 on the small board and it worked. My question now is, how can you set it up so the speakers turn off when the headphones are plugged in? Does it have anything to do with pins 9 and 10?
argelfraster wrote:
Frankencase.

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Thu May 06, 2010 2:33 pm

I am using the jack that came with the screen. for some reason, the speakers aren't getting disconnected when I plug in the headphones. I am getting audio from the speakers and the headphones. Hmm... gonna go do some troubleshooting, connect some stuff here, disconnect some stuff there, you know.

Also, why is BH loading so slow!?
argelfraster wrote:
Frankencase.

geno whirl

Post by geno whirl » Thu May 06, 2010 6:10 pm

So, I got the headphone problem worked out. I realized that those three pins that you bridge actually have something to do with the headphones. I got those unbridged and everything was working good. But suddenly, after wiring up the audio for AV out, there was no audio coming out at all. I spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong. I finally realized that the audio and the ground were shorting out. I fixed that and it's all good now.

A few questions though:
1. for some reason, I can not control the volume for the headphone. It can only output a certain volume. Is there something I can do about this? If not, I don't mind much.
2. Is there a way I could make the screen not so dark when I have the AV output hooked up?
argelfraster wrote:
Frankencase.