ABCinc's first portable

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

ABCinc
Re: ABCinc's first portable

Post by ABCinc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:23 am

yes, i wired them in reverse. so the top of the the cart slot (the front) meets the front of the retro duo. I've checked the wires and connections over and over. I can't find any cold joints, disconnected wires, or anything of that sort. I've also tried putting the game in reverse, and the system doesn't boot, so i know the game is going the right way. This may be a weird question but, does the cart slot (unwired) need to go a certain way? If so i could try flipping it and re solder it, though it might not matter. idk, thanks for you help though lovablechevy!
Last edited by ABCinc on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
^ *Information above may be incorrect.* ^
^ *This signature may be incorrect.* ^

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:28 am

just making sure. it's really hard to make out in your pics. to me it looks like it's just wired like it would be normally from the top.

do you happen to have any other screen or speaker you can hook it up to just to make sure it's not those that are bad?
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

I have a few different speakers, but that is my only screen. I don't know why the screen wouldn't work though. It's been tested and been proven to work. :? I'll try some differnt speakers.

Edit: I've tried some different speakers and have gotten the same result. I don't know if I've said, but the speakers are giving off a slight buzzing noise.

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:09 am

Alright! got the whole system working, a few pics.

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:21 pm

okay, got all of the parts to make the controllers parts, so those will be wired up soon. (hopefully) :mrgreen:

AdumUp
360 GamerTag:AdumUp
Steam ID:AdumUp

Post by AdumUp » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:39 pm

This is turning out really well! I'm excited to see you finish this.
But I'm not sure how the joystick will feel, have you tried it with one yet, I'm just curious to see if that would either work strangely or feel weird? Its probably just me though, good luck with the rest of your project

ABCinc

Post by ABCinc » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

AdumUp wrote:This is turning out really well! I'm excited to see you finish this.
But I'm not sure how the joystick will feel, have you tried it with one yet, I'm just curious to see if that would either work strangely or feel weird? Its probably just me though, good luck with the rest of your project
LOB used the 4 way tact switch for his nintendo superboy. i put one for testing, and it feels awesome! It doesn't feel as smooth as a joystick, but i don't think you would notice while playing. :mrgreen: Oh, and thanks for the good luck! Hey look! people are reading my worklog!!! :lol: