SnesP WIP Codename DsneS *suggestions and help appreciated*

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

overlordlink
Re: I need help with my SnesP

Post by overlordlink » Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:53 pm

oh but back to my original question can somone recommend me a battery or some batteries i dont really care much about cost but both cheap and expensive options would be appreciated.
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:33 pm

:D Bump :D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:23 pm

for batteries, the ones in hails tutorial for wiring lipo cells are perfect (reference/batteries/lipo batteries: how to wire and what to buy) :wink:
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:04 pm

umm can you give me a link to it i'm having trouble finding it :D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:13 pm

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=34576" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:24 pm

ok im looking at the tutorial and i brings up one more question. if im using a snes mini and a un-modded psone scrren how much power do i need running through the circuit total?
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:28 pm

overlordlink wrote:ok im looking at the tutorial and i brings up one more question. if im using a snes mini and a un-modded psone scrren how much power do i need running through the circuit total?
Power as in watts ?

You need 7.4v.
4700mAh batteries would last around 4 hours with a Snes mini and unmodded Psone screen.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:41 pm

Ok so if i was using 2 of those batteries in your tutorial the 3.7v one's and that pcb how do you wire up the charger to it? like could you make a simple diagram?
PS.sorry about all my nooby questions this is my first portable after all :D
Last edited by overlordlink on Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:49 pm

overlordlink wrote:ok so if i was using 2 of those batteries in your tutorial the 3.7v one's and that pcb how do you wire up the charger to it? like could you make a simple diagram?
There is a simple diagram in that tutorial. LOL
My Portable Systems:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:53 pm

are you talking about this one. would that mean i would wire up the charger port to the area labeled charge load? and if so from where do i run the wire for power to the snes would it be the same area?
PS.oh by the way i just realized i have seen your darth 64 on youtube before it was about 3 months ago or so but its really nice great job on it :D
Last edited by overlordlink on Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

hailrazer

Post by hailrazer » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:02 pm

overlordlink wrote:are you talking about this one. would that mean i would wire up the charger port to the area labeled charge load? and if so from where do i run the wire for power to the snes would it be the same area?
Yep :)
My Portable Systems:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:10 pm

awesome well i dont have the money for the batteries and pcb yet but i should within the next week or so because im building a server and making a webpage for a friend im charging him $10 a hour (just cause he is a friend) and i have been working on it for a a couple hours already so yeah :D and then im going to start making some major progress oh one more question for now can you give an idea on where to get a simple premade case like just a simple rectangle lol
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:42 pm

never mind about the case part i have a friend who has been making cases for things for years lol. but im thinking about ideas for it and and im thinking of calling my snes the "Super SnesBoy Color" given that it hasnt been taken yet and design it to look like a gameboy color
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

overlordlink

Post by overlordlink » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:03 pm

oh ok another question lol. Umm what thickness of wire should i get? and can someone post a link to a snes to psone screen wiring diagram like the video and power and then if possible to battery. :D :D
You Have Been Warned!!!
Spoiler:

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:48 am

for batteries, I would get two 3600 mah psp batteries and a step up regulator.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/