Unnamed N64p WIP

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator: Moderators

Kyo

Re: Unnamed N64p WIP

Post by Kyo » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:20 pm

are you sure it's the speakers and not just the fact that you didn't connect headphone switch to hp left and right?

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:24 pm

Yah. My dad was helping me take them out of the case and he did it really badly. One of them has a puncture in it and the other one is a little crushed. Im going to try to find some small speakers around my house or buy some online. If I have to buy some online are there any that stand out as being significantly better than anything else?
This place is fun.

ToastTech Forums: Built with love.

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:48 am

I found some of these lying around my house and I tried them on my power source and they worked fine. I would like to use them in my portable so I was wondering if they were too big and how I would get them open (if anyone's done it before).
http://www.alteclansing.com/images/prod" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 3c_177.jpg

they are Altec Lansing inMotion iM3c
This place is fun.

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:50 am

Got two controller ports soldered in. Hoping to get these speakers taken apart tomorrow so I can hook them up. On Altec's website it says it will last 24 hours with 4 AA's so I assume it will have a relatively low maH pull. Tomorrow I also want to get the internal controller mounted, get the other two controller ports in, and start mounting everything else.
This place is fun.

ToastBucket

Post by ToastBucket » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Case- 40% (I have cut a slit for the screen's ribbon cable and a hole for the power wire to go through. Also have external controller port holes cut. Starting work on the internal controller and mounting it all tomorrow.)

Circuitry- 90% (have everything except for third party speakers wired up. They are the Altec-Lansings I mentioned before.)

:D
This place is fun.