wireless n64 controller

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

zeldaman1
wireless n64 controller

Post by zeldaman1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 pm

hey, I am going to open a 64 up I'm getting from a friend of mine when he brings it over, what I want to do is integrate a wireless GC module to the inside of the 64. Because as far as I can come to know,, there was never a wireless 64 controller. Any info on this would be nice, maybe an aftermarket 2.4 ghz wireless module and receiver for r/c purposes would work?

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Re: wireless n64 controller

Post by hailrazer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:29 pm

zeldaman1 wrote:hey, I am going to open a 64 up I'm getting from a friend of mine when he brings it over, what I want to do is integrate a wireless GC module to the inside of the 64. Because as far as I can come to know,, there was never a wireless 64 controller. Any info on this would be nice, maybe an aftermarket 2.4 ghz wireless module and receiver for r/c purposes would work?
Yes there was a wireless N64 controller, but it was a turd. LOL Made by Docs. I have a few.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-CONTROLLERS-FOR ... 4a9dcd3f50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The one on the left with the wireless module.
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

zeldaman1

Post by zeldaman1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:35 pm

ha, for ten bucks I coulda bought a turd and integrating it to an actually GOOD controller lol, and then tweaked it to my liking.

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:37 pm

zeldaman1 wrote:ha, for ten bucks I coulda bought a turd and integrating it to an actually GOOD controller lol, and then tweaked it to my liking.
They show up on Ebay now and again, just keep looking :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

zeldaman1

Post by zeldaman1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:38 pm

and to think I paid 6 bucks for a NEW aftermarket wired one off ebay just last night

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 pm

my recommendation for everyone who brings this up...
...cube64

It allows you to use a gamecube controller on an N64, and it supports button remapping as well as wireless controllers and rumble packs. Sadly no memory card support though.

http://cia.vc/stats/project/navi-misc/cube64" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The newest one of these that I made, I actually etched it in a pcb, so now it's about 1 inch X 1 inch. I could send you the schematics if you wanted, and with a little work, it would easily fit internally.
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

limpport

Post by limpport » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

I saw the eBay picture there, and released I have one of those receiving units! I knew it was for N64, but I didn't know what it actually went to. I got it in a box of Genesis stuff at a yard sale.

zeldaman1

Post by zeldaman1 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:06 am

@stuntpenguin007: a schem would be nice, because then I could do it on a custom pcb, going with the layout of the 64 internals. I really want it to look like there is no controller plugged into the 64, so friends and family can do a double take. I should just be able to jump in the back of the plugs to achieve that. While were on the subject, whats your fave GC wireless controller? The only ones I've used are pelican ones, which have auto shut-offs that are pretty cool, but they don't have a gradual pot progression, I found this out playing super monkey ball with the wireless one this past weekend, lol.

goodie

Post by goodie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:11 am

stuntpenguin007 wrote:my recommendation for everyone who brings this up...
...cube64

It allows you to use a gamecube controller on an N64, and it supports button remapping as well as wireless controllers and rumble packs.
Have you tested it with wireless controllers? I know that the Wavebird isn't supported, but I never tried any of the third party controllers.
mnbvcxzlkjhgfdsapoiuytrewq

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:19 pm

goodie wrote:
stuntpenguin007 wrote:my recommendation for everyone who brings this up...
...cube64

It allows you to use a gamecube controller on an N64, and it supports button remapping as well as wireless controllers and rumble packs.
Have you tested it with wireless controllers? I know that the Wavebird isn't supported, but I never tried any of the third party controllers.
After I built it, my friend brought over a wireless controller and it worked. I actually don't have any wireless controllers myself though.

-where did you hear the wavebird isn't supported? Did you build one?
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%