N64P

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

gannon
N64P

Post by gannon » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:24 pm

Yeah, amazingly its the first one that I started on, but its also the one that I've had the most set backs on.
Anyways, my friend gave me a 64 with 3 controllers today so I've started back up on it. I'm not going to try relocating the cartridge port or cut down the board at all this time since I don't want to break a 3rd n64.
I've got the controller ready for the tactile switches, and I'm setting up the batteries right now. I have a broken official ps1 lcd, so I'm going to use it to make a mockup of the design so I can start to design the case. I'm thinking of ordering some clay by the weekend also.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:20 pm

Gannon hope third time the charm with your N64p.

If you post here before you update your site could you tell us/me how you solved some of the problems... i.e. heat.

one last thing what is with that controller that looks like a boomerang? It doesnt look comfortable.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:41 am

well, actually its not any less comfortable than a regular n64 controller.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Apr 27, 2004 5:32 pm

Is the d-pad connected straight to the board or does is it use a separate board connected to the main board with wires? If so then it could be easily moved and it could also be used in other portables(Like my GCp, which I plan on including the D-pad for games like Soul Caliber II)
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:58 pm

It's on a different board, but now that I think of it, I can't remember any games on the n64 that actually required the d-pad, so I might just not even put it in my n64p..

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:10 pm

Pokemon Stadium required it. You can't use the joystick.
But who really cares :lol: it's pokemon.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:24 pm

Yeah well like I said I wanted to know because it'd be easy for the GCp d-pad, which is actually used.
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

SeinorMexicano

Post by SeinorMexicano » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:48 pm

WCW NWO Revenge uses the D-Pad only...But none that are really worthy of playing a lot (except Stadium, which is actually a good game :wink: )

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Apr 28, 2004 4:52 am

yeah, thanks for the info, I guess I might put the d-pad in if I have room, but then again, for games that require the d-pad I could always use the external controller.

gannon

Post by gannon » Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:06 am

hmmm.... I added a switch for the external player 1 controller, and I'm wondering if I could put a NC (normally closed) Roller Switch in the Player 1 controller port, then when you put a controller in it, the circuit will open disabling the internal controller. I'll be working on this idea for today to see if its possible, or if there's another way to automatically switch off the internal controller.

Post by Guest » Sat May 01, 2004 1:17 pm

crap.... I spent an hour so far making a case design in my cad program, and then CRASH!! Oh well it was the first time I used that cad program, so I should be able to get back to where I was in half the time.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat May 01, 2004 1:25 pm

forgot to sign in......anyways, I checked it and realized I had a few wrong measurements in my last design anyways...

Nick

Post by Nick » Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:32 pm

When I made mine (Hi Abbibi) I didn't even bother with the D-Pad, since the only game I OWNED that even used it was Pokemon Stadium, which I haven't played since I was 9.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:46 pm

It's about time you came back, RPGTKNick (had to ephasize that since not all could have necessarily known who you are)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:21 pm

Yeah, some might not have noticed. I think I might put a d-pad in my n64p just because. As long as I stay with the general design of the case, there should be enough room.