2-Player RADICA possible?

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Azrael
2-Player RADICA possible?

Post by Azrael » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:11 pm

Hello together,

currently I am thinking about buying a SF2-RADICA:

The idea is to hack a gameport into the device to use the 2-Player-Function for other games, e.g. Golden Axe, Sonic 2, Mortal Kombat, etc. Do you think this will work? Has someone tried to hack a port into this device?

Best regards,
Azrael

nobble

Re: 2-Player RADICA possible?

Post by nobble » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:27 pm

I've heard it can't be done...

But prove me wrong.

tom61

Post by tom61 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:39 pm

No one on this forum has done, but someone on a Spanish language forum has done it. A couple of lines on the cart slot need to be different than the schematic.

GOACs with cart slots and 2 player controllers are available now,so I don't really see why you'd want to spend the effort into doing a cart slot mod to a Radica unit.

Azrael

Post by Azrael » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:00 am

Hello Tom,

you're right, but why hacking a gameport into a RADICA? The difference is that a self-made console will always be more interesting and more special than a bought one. And I enjoy the feeling when I first start my hacked device and it works! That's like climbing a big mountain and I know that there not many people who did the same and own such a device :D

Best regards,
Azrael

tom61

Post by tom61 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:13 am

Azrael wrote:Hello Tom,

you're right, but why hacking a gameport into a RADICA? The difference is that a self-made console will always be more interesting and more special than a bought one. And I enjoy the feeling when I first start my hacked device and it works! That's like climbing a big mountain and I know that there not many people who did the same and own such a device :D

Best regards,
Azrael
Or, you could put that effort into the case or other improvements. If you're making a portable, you're definitely making something that isn't store bought, either way.