Delete please

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer
Delete please

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:41 pm

nevermind, someone can delete this.. I figured it out.
Last edited by Pkmnjunky7 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

snowpenguin

Re: Can't get my Snes mini and Zenith screen working...

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:01 pm

Don't know your problem, but the buzzing is the backlight inverter so you at least know you have voltage.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:05 pm

:?: Mine buzzes even when it's LED modded. I think it is actually the power supply... or something else must buzz too.

In regards with your question, do you get weird colors and no backlight, or just no light?
If you put a flashlight behind the LCD, can you see anything?
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:09 pm

64M320N3 wrote::?: Mine buzzes even when it's LED modded. I think it is actually the power supply... or something else must buzz too.

In regards with your question, do you get weird colors and no backlight, or just no light?
well i have the backlight unplugged and i havent led modded it yet, so i expected no light. I looked really closely and dont see anything on the screen..

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Flip the LCD up (keep the ribbon cable clamp in) and flash a light behind it. When you do, press the volume up/down buttons. Do you see the green bar at the bottom of the screen denoting what level of volume you are currently at?

1) If yes, then the SNES isn't hooked up properly to the screen. It is either a ground/power issue or composite isn't hooked up properly.

2) If no, then try bypassing the fuse on the screen... or plugging the bulb inverter back in. You might have cut ground when removing the inverter and that cause the screen not to be functional. (I actually did this on my screen when I LED modded it. I cut to deep and disconnected ground.)
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:36 pm

64M320N3 wrote::?: Mine buzzes even when it's LED modded. I think it is actually the power supply... or something else must buzz too.

Did you remove the transformer at the top?

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:00 am

snowpenguin wrote:

Did you remove the transformer at the top?
You mean like cut the top part that is needed for the backlight off? No.. I havent cut that part off ... yet. I have to go to school now, but ill post some pictures of how ive got it wired up tonight.

EDIT: My Art History class got cancelled this morning so I dont have to leave for another couple hours. Here are some pictures of the way i have it rigged up..

I just tested out using the brightness and volume buttons and shining a light through the back, The screen is working fine. Something is messed up with the snes apparently. When i disconnect ground for the snes and reconnect it the screen flickers for a split second.. so i think i have composite wired correctly... Idk if I maybe fried it when I relocated all the caps or what..

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:09 pm

Well, at least you found the problem.

...now about fixing it...

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:19 pm

64M320N3 wrote:Well, at least you found the problem.

...now about fixing it...
If i were to heat up the snes board too much with my soldering iron could that potentially fry it? If so I could have damaged it while desoldering all the capacitors..

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Sorry to double post but I'm at a loss for whats going on. I cant get anything working on the screen through composite. I plugged up my phat snes that i know is working, plugged its composite into my tv to make sure its working, and then tried touching it to the wire I have wired up to my zenith screen and I'm not getting any image. What's going on here?

(I am getting the volume and brightness bars when i hit the + - buttons for volume and brightness though)

rikitheshadow

Post by rikitheshadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:04 am

So the screen might be an issue now.......

Kinda fuzzy on that pic that you have the connections wired up on the screen.
You can remove that cap from the zenith screen mobo attached to the 7805. (Least thats what I heard)

And what is that brown wire which appears you have wired to the v-out of the 7805, wired through that hole to the front connecting to the wire harness port? I don't recall any modifications like that on either the PSone or Zenith screen mobos. (IF that is what i'm seeing)

rikitheshadow

Post by rikitheshadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:11 am

rikitheshadow wrote:And what is that brown wire which appears you have wired to the v-out of the 7805, wired through that hole to the front connecting to the wire harness port? I don't recall any modifications like that on either the PSone or Zenith screen mobos. (IF that is what i'm seeing)
:facepalm: nevermind, i found that in the PSone screen sticky.....

Maybe remove it, see if that eliminates issues?

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:24 am

rikitheshadow wrote:
rikitheshadow wrote:And what is that brown wire which appears you have wired to the v-out of the 7805, wired through that hole to the front connecting to the wire harness port? I don't recall any modifications like that on either the PSone or Zenith screen mobos. (IF that is what i'm seeing)

try removing the wire connecting pin 12 to 5v or remove that bigass cap that is attached to the 7805?

rikitheshadow

Post by rikitheshadow » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Pkmnjunky7 wrote:
rikitheshadow wrote:

try removing the wire connecting pin 12 to 5v or remove that bigass cap that is attached to the 7805?
Both? Maybe? Just try the wire first i suppose...

Pkmnjunky7
Portablizer

Post by Pkmnjunky7 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:14 pm

BUMP! Please help!! Check first post for updated problem...